Percy Priest

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Kaijukorner, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Kaijukorner

Kaijukorner New Member

State:
    La Vergne, Tenn
    Has anybody been to Percy Priest in the last day or 2? I am wondering how much the water has risen. I just haven't been able to make it out to see.

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Im sure its been pretty deep, my grandparents said they rode over the dam and all the spillways were lettin out yesterday.

3. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    I went to Jefferson Springs yesterday to look for shad and the water was pretty high, I think it was about 2 feet over summer pool. Went back this morning to check the levels and it went down alittle. I'm guessing it'll be a few days before the lake is back to normal. The water was pretty cloudy. Needless to say, no shad was to be found.

4. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do you know some good areas for cattin on priest on the bank, im bankbound unfortunately.:embarassed:

5. Kaijukorner

Kaijukorner New Member

State:
    La Vergne, Tenn
    Jefferson springs...which is where I caught the cat in my pic and Hurricane creek.....but only do hurricane if you dont mind avoiding rocks and roots.

6. Kaijukorner

Kaijukorner New Member

State:
    La Vergne, Tenn
    what part of TN are you guys from?

7. Catfishnewbie08

Catfishnewbie08 New Member

State:
    TN
    I haven't really whole lot of good spots to fish from the bank, as I'm bank bound myself, since I moved here from WI 3 years ago. The best place I've managed to find for cats so far is Jefferson Spring. Since I live in La Vergne, its close by, so thats convient for me. Last summer I had alot of good luck there, including some nice channels in the 8-10 lb range. This year has been pretty bad there as I've only managed to catch one little cat all summer. My only complaint about Jefferson is that it can get pretty crowded there sometimes, especially on the weekend. Haven't been to Hurricane yet, will have to give it a try sometime. Stewart Creek looks like it might not be bad, just haven't gotten around to give it a try there yet.

8. Kaijukorner

Kaijukorner New Member

State:
    La Vergne, Tenn
    I to have only caught one cat this season. I live in Lavergne as well. hurricane is like 5 minutes away from me but it's quite rocky....good if you want small bait fish. maybe we should go fishing together sometime since you live near me.

9. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Give mona boat ramp are a try. It is a little bit of a haul but I had some success up there a few years ago. especially if the water is moving. now would be the time. Find a place that sell shiners and you should have some luck. or if you can catch some fresh bait that will work too. when i fished mona i used live shiners and chicken livers and caught a nice mess of fish. The water needs to be moving for the best results.. GOOD LUCK!!!!

10. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Lebanon, Tn. here.

11. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    If you can make to Hobson pike where the bridge crosses over priest, walk down to the bank on the Mt. Juliet Rd. side, fish the bridge pilons big cannels in there but use live gills.

12. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Is that off 840?

13. LiveWire

LiveWire New Member

State:
    LaVergne, Tennessee
    Yea, if your coming from Lebanon, its the first exit for Smyrna. Jefferson Pike I think, or 266. Just turn left back over 840 and its on the right, maybe a mile or so.