Percy priest saturday...

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by brandonnash, May 15, 2008.

1. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Going to percy priest to do some fishing early saturday morning. Wanted to know if anyone can share a good secret spot for some cats or any other fish for that matter. I'll put in around jefferson springs or fate sanders. Haven't done much fishing at percy at all. Would like to catch something decent size whether it be cats or stripers.

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Can't help you there, but I am sure somebody will,

3. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've had A LOT of luck through the yellow "vee" i painted on there for you. I painted Fate Sanders marina blue, Fate Sanders Rec area boat ramp green, and Lamar Hill boat ramp red for you, so you can see the relation of the area to fish, compared to close places to put in. i always start on the left side of the screen, and drift along the bank towards the right. Tons of striper and crappie. Towards the bank it is all around 4 or 5 ft deep, some places getting real shallow towards the bottom of the "vee", so if your boat sits deep, you wont be able to go as far back. Its right where the stones comes into the lake proper, and not far from the bank it drops off to between 25 and 40 ft.

Attached Files:

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I've caught tons of smallmouths ,stripers ,wipers ,whitebass and largemouths plus a few cats at Percy.I usually fished from the dam to the bridge.There are some marked rockpiles in that area that are fish magnets.There is one right in front of the dam that I've caught a lot of SMB/LGMB off of at night.Watch for rising schools of bass and stripers hitting shad on the surface also.Good luck

5. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks guys. I'll try that V out copeland. Looks good. I was gonna maybe try to head back into the stones river also. I'm a little familiar with fishing it, but not close to the lake.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

6. Copeland

Copeland New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    if you run up on some cats while you're out there (on priest or the stones), be sure to let me know. i was thinking about going near stewarts creek inlet, and maybe up the creek a little bit. looking at it on google earth, it looks like some great prospects.

7. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We only caught 3 smaller channels in an hour. We started out for bass and had no luck there at all. I wasn't seeing anybody with fish. Set out a trotline before we went out and came up with 2 stripers (on chicken livers!!!!?????) one was about 2 lbs and the other almost 10. Something got hold of one of the hooks and nearly straightened it. Was using 6/0 circle hooks on them. Don't know what could've done that with chicken liver on it.

Will be going back. Didn't get to go all the way back into that cove Copeland. just the outside of it. Looks really good for crappie. I will be going back to that spot just for those.

8. crappietime

crappietime New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro Tennessee
    Well for my two cents worth that V there is always been more for Crappie.Never have seen any cats in that part.But now if you cross the channel and fish near the bluffs you will more than likely catch some decent cats.My part I rather fish out in the bigger water areas on humps off the main channel.