Percy Priest Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Broke Tip Fishing, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Broke Tip Fishing

Broke Tip Fishing New Member

State:
    Tennessee/ Nashville
    Has anyone had a slow week on Percy Priest? We've fished 3 or 4 days this weeks and have caught nothing. We fished last week and caught a few good fish.

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Scott, Priest is tough lake to fish or is for me. I have never done great, but do have some good days. I know there has to be some nice fish there, but I have not been able to find them.

3. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    i wish i could post an intelligent answer...but priest is a long haul for me. With the recent weather patterns...i would imagine the catch rate has been minimal.

4. Broke Tip Fishing

State:
    Tennessee/ Nashville
    Two weeks ago I caught a 6lb channel & a 9lb. I also caught a few 1lb channel. But for some reason we did not catch anything last week. I am going to go some this week if anyone is interested. I do alot of night fishing but may be able to go during the day.

5. Broke Tip Fishing

State:
    Tennessee/ Nashville
    Bam - anytime you wanna go out just let me know. I just started fishing about three months ago so I'm new to all of this.

6. Broke Tip Fishing

State:
    Tennessee/ Nashville
    We fished Priest from 9:00 to 1:45 today and only caught one yellow bass. No catfish, crappie, etc. Does the wind affect the fish biting pattern? I've gone 3 times in less than a week and have only caught one fish

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Myself and a friend fished old hickory yesterday for 8 or 9 hours, 2 skipjack and 1 very small bass. As I said before priest will humble a good fisherman, so hang in there.

8. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry man, I hate Priest lake. Only ever caught 1 cat there, kind of a fluke. It's a better boating lake than fishing lake. I'm gonna try Old Hickory this winter, I read some about that and it seems way better - the Cumberland (including OH) has an excellent population of catfish. Thats where to head:cool2:

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I have to agree with this young man. The one and only time I was at Percy Priest lake, there were more boaters than fishermen. Seems they knew something we didn't, because we were from outta town.

Anyway, it was a nice area, but strangely the people weren't as friendly as I would have thought they were in that area. When I spoke to people they looked at me like I was an alien.

Takes all kinds, some are friendlier than others.

Take care.
    Cheryl