percy priest dam

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Mar 31, 2009.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey as you all know i'm from oklahoma, and have heard talk about peircy preist not being a great lake or dam to fish from since i've been here, but yesterday morning i limited out on the sandies in about a hour and caught about 6 yellow bass, and several skippies all in a hour and a half's time, have never fished anywhere in tennessee before and that was my first give go at it, all caught a on a gold spoon, fixing to head out again today, i've seen a few decent hybrids caught on the lake side, anywyas wondering if any of you guys on here ever fish there?

2. heavystringer

heavystringer New Member

State:
    Tn
    i personally haven't fished below pp dam..i have heard from fishing buddies of mine that it can be very productive in spring..white bass, stripers, hybrids and even the occational crappie or smallmouth bass..however these same sorces tell me that it's hit and miss..u kill um for a few days then bam..skunked..i will tell u this though from personal experiances that in about another week or so the hybrids and stripers will be caught in the morning times from the bank using chicken livers on the bottom and white or pearl colored flooks..consintrate on the downwind side a few hundred yards from the dam on the lakeside..if you go out there on the weekend you'll see other people out there..good luck

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Went today around 12 below pp dam, caught 3 skips in about 1 hr. Mexican guys caught about 8 about 20yrd down from me. He thought he was catching stripers. :confused2:He took em home intending to eat em I guess. I never had skpis for dinner I dont know if they are eatable. He did not understand my englishh to well.:roll_eyes:
    Anyway... Going tomorrow am above the dam to fish with these skips and see if the stripers are running. Will let you guys know. Ive caught decent stripers above the dam this time of the year. Been a while.

4. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey John, i was down there again this monring probably from 10am to 1 or so, started off slow, but ended up limiting out on the whites, and 2 yellows, had some real good fish on but lost them , had to be hybrids, but anyways you must of been on the other side, cause i seen them mexicans pulling in those skips, i was right next to catwalk, next to ole penut, he limited out with ease also

5. heavystringer

heavystringer New Member

State:
    Tn
    if ur going on the lakeside of the dam stay on the downwind side and don't be afraid to fish the shallower water early in the morning..never used skips..don't see why it wouldn't work but flukes will definatly get the rod bent..good luck

6. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    So you are fishing the spillway side. What where you using for bait. I wonder how it might be early in the am. May try it sat.
    Well cut skips did not work. May have been too early in the season. Two guys using rapalas to my left did not catch anything either. But did have a layocean guy come fish mabey 30 ft down from us using live shad. Had waders on, went mabey 15 ft out in the water fish with a bobber and within 20min limited out and was gone. hybrids mabey 12 lbs ea.
    Got skunked but it was good to be out there.

7. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah on the spillway side, all on spoons, and i use baby horheys as well