Perch trap bait

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by crashbaby, May 23, 2006.

1. crashbaby

crashbaby New Member

I know this is a thread for "fishing" for bluegill but didnt know where else to post this.
    My husband and I have been using perch traps to get bait for our trotlines and after using everything under the sunfor bait for the traps stumbled onto a GREAT, cheap bait. ,,,Ramen noodles. Just drop them in the bait holder dry, no mess. we spilt a package between 3 traps and it last for at least 2 days(rinse in the lake daily). I hope this is helpful,,,

2. ltbball

ltbball New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thanks for the idea. I will give them a try in my bluegill traps.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Crashbaby, I see that you've been hanging around since September, but don't talk too much. LOL You have probably seen the threads about the legality of trapping sunfish for bait. In most states it is illegal. Check with your department of wildlife, or whatever the agency is called, before your placed in a situation of paying a hefty fine. Better safe than sorry. Get your husband out here talking, and don't you be so shy either. Great people are on the BOC.

4. crashbaby

crashbaby New Member

AwShucks
    This is what I found, so here in Texas it is legal to trap perch. Thanks for the heads up for others .

Minnow Trap:
    May be used to take NONGAME fish only.
    Trap may not exceed 24 inches in length. The opening may not exceed 1 inch by 3 inches.
    In salt water, gear tag valid for only 30 days must be visibly attached.

5. crashbaby

crashbaby New Member

I have actually been a memeber since the summer of 2004,,,but stay very busy,,,
    I know there are some great folks on here and wish I had more time to spend visiting!!