perch jerkin 9-26

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BigBird, Sep 28, 2009.

1. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I have been trying to get better at catching perch.
    Mac told me to replace my bell sinker that i had been using on my sabikis with a slinky weight and start driftin for them. I did and have been catchin a few while drifting but have not got on them but every now and then.
    Saturday-Holmes and I found them busting on threadfins on a lake flat and caught them casting the sabikis through the school. I had several cast three at the time.:smile2:
    Learned a new pattern and will get to use it again real soon. We didnt realize how many we caught until dipping one everytime we went into the bait tank sat night.

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Can we get a pic of how your rigged up? Also sorry I didn't make it out to fish with yall last weekend I had truck issues.... As soon as I get free time I'm taking that dang truck up to holmes to look at it... Bt for now it's running now...:wink:

3. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Just tied on a sabiki rig with a slinky weight on the bottom. I like to use it on a long rod. it is on a 7ft green back shad rod :smile2:now but will get longer one soon as i find the one i want.

4. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Hey Bigbird get you a throw net also for your boat, If they start busting the water like that again just use your net to catch some. They are no longer game fish so you can use a net to catch them.