Perch Identification Help Needed

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by wbroger, Aug 3, 2009.

1. wbroger

wbroger New Member

State:
    Texas
    Can anyone tell me what a blue perch or a blue rain perch is? Friends of mine who fish the Red River swear they are the best live bait for trotlining there. I can't seem to find any info on these. They trap them out of some pools but they are not in ant pools i have.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Hey welcome aboard the BOC Bo. Here is a great link to the fish you are asking about. Anytime you need answers an can't find it immediately try to do search on the site here or go to googles an search. http://www.google.com/search?q=blue...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

3. wbroger

wbroger New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks for the welcome to what looks to be a great place. I did try the google search and the perch they had looked nothing like these. They had a light yellow stomach with a blue green colored back with light verticle stripes down their back. I did notice on the smaller ones(3 inchers) they had a couple of thin light blue horizontal stripe running the length of their bodies. To me their bodies are shaped more like a bream; not as long as the ones pictured. Thanks for the reply.

4. 320hotrod

320hotrod New Member

State:
    KCMO
    I used to catch a few that sound similar to that outta our pond every now and again, like a pumpkinseed or redear sunfish? Might it be one of those?

5. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Welcome Bo, It could be slang for a blue Gill.