Pepsi race

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by stickusmc, Jul 8, 2007.

1. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    man that was a heck of a race those ford boys really worked together at the end. go rousch racing

2. psg2628

psg2628 New Member

State:
    Austin, Texas
    WHAT A FINISH!!!!!!!

Now I hear on TV that there wont be another Pepsi 400 at Daytona. They just signed a 10 year deal with COKE to be the official drink at about 10 race tracks, including Daytona.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I thought the "Firecracker 400" was fitting for that race myself. I guess its hard to extract money out of a firecracker though.

4. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Kyle Busch probably would have won the Pepsi 400 if Gordon was pushing him rather than McMurray. I bet kyle is upset with his teammates or does it really matter since he is leaving Hendrick Motorsports next year? What do you think?

5. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    of course it matters..his teammates had no chance of winning themselves, but refused to help kyle...i feel no sympathy for him, but the owner can't be happy that gordon wouldn't help

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I beg to differ with that JG wouldve had to practicly wreck to get behind Kyle. He was behind Mcmurry and pushed him to try to get a better spot for himself. Also its the end of the race every man for himself at that point.

7. tallbump

tallbump New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    You have to remember, not everyone can run the same line. Gordon may not have been able to push Kyle. (Not saying he would have) just saying maybe he couldn't. Biffle said he couldn't get behind McMurray to push him cause he couldn't run the same line. That happens.
    Anyways, it was a great race!!

8. jaybird78

jaybird78 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    that was an awesome finish as far as Kyle, kids got a bad attitude not good at making friends with his own teamates.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What is happening to Kyle happens to every driver that knows he is leaving a team. He has nothing to contribute with a lasting effect to the team.
    As the races progresses he will be locked out of more and more of the team.
    I wouldnt surprised if he is not allowed into team meetings already.

It comes with the territory.