Peoria Il.

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by bass!?, Apr 21, 2008.

1. bass!?

bass!? New Member

State:
    ill
    i'm mostly a bass fisherman but i'll really go 4 any thing that bites.anyway i'm lookin 4 some local ponds in the area that have a decent bass bite,or maybe a spot on the river.i'm very new 2 Peoria and i don't drive any suggestions???:beat_shot: got on some cats in the Woodruff Marina on the 20th one about 18in the other abouts 22in.

2. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    welcome to the BOC if your looking for bass i would go to banner marsh,right down the road from me, or spring lake. there are some places in peroia to fish as well try the charter oak ponds both north and south are pretty good but im not sure if they have boat access

3. The Catfish Stalker

The Catfish Stalker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Both Banner Marsh and Spring Lake are good for bass (I have a buddy at work who bass fishes both of those places frequently), however, I've heard for a few years now that the state record for bass is predicted to come out of Powerton. Don't know if it'll happen, but I've seen quite a few bass fishermen out there.

4. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC John. Where in the Peoria area are you from? Myself and sbfdfirefighterc7 (or something like that) are from Spring Bay. Do you fish the Pekin Tourneys?

5. The Catfish Stalker

State:
    Illinois
    I actually live in Washington, but I'm not that far (relatively speaking) from Spring Bay. Yep, I do fish in one particular Pekin tourney, but that's the only one around here that I'm aware of. I'd like to find a few more. If you know of any, could you PM me. BTW, nice to meet you.

6. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    welcome aboard

i think that powerton will produce the state record small mouth soon and could have some record cats as well

i may try to get out there wed sometime if i can get some bait rounded up

7. The Catfish Stalker

State:
    Illinois
    I want to go out there, but I'm not fond of catfishing out there unless I can use my boat and Powerton is closed to boats right now. I've heard they might not open it to boats for the rest of the year.