Peoria il.

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by bass!?, Apr 21, 2008.

1. bass!?

bass!? New Member

State:
    ill
    i'm mostly a bass fisherman but i'll really go 4 any thing that bites.anyway i'm lookin 4 some local ponds in the area that have a decent bass bite,or maybe a spot on the river.i'm very new 2 Peoria and i don't drive any suggestions???:beat_shot: got on some cats in the Woodruff Marina on the 20th one about 18in the other abouts 22in.

2. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    First off John, welcome to the BOC! I live just across the river from you in East Peoria. I know of a couple decent places to fish on my side of the river. If you know anybody who has a lot at Oak Run, I have never fished there before, but here it's pretty good. I belong to the Isaak Walton club over on my side of the river and they have a couple small ponds that have some pretty nice fish in them. If you have a small boat, Banner can be good for bass fishing, so can Spring Lake near Manito. Just a few ideas for you!

3. bass!?

bass!? New Member

State:
    ill
    hey thanks 4 the tips there's a few ponds just north of the paradise just a long the river hope there not private.

1 Releasing a Fish is like saying Thank You for the enjoyement of the minute you had it in your hands. #2 Releasing a fish is a gift to another fisherman to be released again to fight another day.

4. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know exactly where you are talking about. They are actually on the Burger Barge property. My dad used to belong to the East Peoria Boat Club when it was right there. I fished them when I was younger. Probably about 14 years ago or so. I don't even remember what was in there. If you want a good place to go bass fishing that is a pretty well kept secret, pay the $7 or whatever it is, and go to Wildlife Prairie State Park for a day. There is some very good fishing out there and not a whole lot of people fish there. You can do pretty good from the bank, and even more places if you have a small boat you can row.

5. bass!?

bass!? New Member

State:
    ill
    do u think i can fish them?there's also a body of water just around the corner 2 the southwest of the franklin st bridge u know of that spot at all.in (ep)

if ur fishing slow and not catching anything fish SLOWER!

6. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You could always ask the owner of the burger barge, she may let you fish there. I am not sure which bridge you are talking about when you say Franklin St bridge. Do you know of any other names for it? Are you wanting to fish from shore or a boat?

7. bass!?

bass!? New Member

State:
    ill
    its the bob michel bridge,and i'm shore fishing.no boat and no car but a big will 2 fish!

1 Releasing a Fish is like saying Thank You for the enjoyement of the minute you had it in your hands. #2 Releasing a fish is a gift to another fisherman to be released again to fight another day.