Peoria Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by SLIPKNOT, Apr 15, 2008.

1. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    Hows it going guys? Well I just accepted an internship in Peoria for the summer and I was looking to hook up with a couple guys that fish around that area. I have never fished that area at all and dont want to spend my summer not fishing. I have my own boat and rods and so on. It would be nice if I could hook up with someone that would let me store my boat at there house since I will be living in town and its hard to store a 20 ft boat in town. Let me know if anyone is interested fishing this summer. ......

2. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    First welcome to the BOC...

Don't want to be unhelpful or let your request go unheard, but I fish Baldwin Lake, Rend Lake, and Carlyle Lake primarily. I don't (or at least haven't yet) ventured away from those three main bodies of water. Never fished a river, but t hat might change a bit this season.. at least looking at trying the Kaskaskia.

As for storing boat... can't help ya bud. Already got neighbors mad for our camper and boat in the backyard as I live in town too.

3. bigmac782

bigmac782 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello and welcome. I am new also, been here long enough to see there are plenty of people willing to help whenever possible. I live in Knoxville or about 40 miles wnw of Peoria. I often fish at Mcmaster Lake at the Snake Den preserve or at least I think its a preserve. It has multiple choices for fishing, channels, muskie, largemouth, bluegills and others. 2 boat ramps, one was just replaced last year, plenty of spots to fish from the bank, it does have a horse limit on the motor not sure what it is though. Its on the net for more info. About 45 minutes from Peoria.

4. FlatCatMan

FlatCatMan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to th BOC
    I will be just across the river from you on the northern edge of East Peoria. I wouldn't mind doing a little more fishing this summer either :big_smile: I don't know about the boat storage just yet, since I moved I gave up A LOT of storage space. I could see what I can find from friends and family in the area though and let you know. Congratulations on the internship. Where are you going to be working?

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc its great to have you aboard

6. SLIPKNOT

SLIPKNOT New Member

State:
    Alton,IL
    I just got a job coop'ed with Bradley University and the Illinois Great Rivers Society. I am going to be testing Nitrogen levels in various creeks, lakes, and duck ponds in the Peoria area.

As for as hp regulations my boat has a 90 on it so I imagine that it may be a little much for that lake. I fish the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers in Alton, IL and know quite a bit about river fishing. So if anyone knows some spots or just wants to go out in my boat and try so new ones let me know I will be moving in town in the middle of may and leaving in early august.

Thanks

7. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    welcome to the boc! if you try to fish the illinois river near peoria with a boat, you better have a body shield cause thats the worst asian carp spot in the nation!

8. stickusmc

stickusmc New Member

State:
    Glasford, Illinois
    welcome aboard
    sounds like your in my neck of the woods im in glasford about 20 minutes from peoria

let me know if you wanna go fishing i know some spots

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    welcome aboard brother. i would let ya park the boat in my yard but im about 1hr from peoria. i do come that way to fish powerton every so often. there are some nice 20lb+ blues in there. i will be trying to fish the illinois too this year. but asain carp are getting bad there,.

10. John(Bullhead)Hagen

John(Bullhead)Hagen New Member

State:
    ILLinois
    :big_smile:Welcome to the BOC. I think your job will produce some very interesting resultes.I fish all over from North of the narrows to Lacon.The best thing would be to store your boat at the Chillicothe storage area it is save and secure but outside.It is storage units that also store outside things,5 blocks from the river.With gas you cant beat it.We will hook up this summer as i fish alot over there,have a boat and all set up or use yours.Maybe trade some quality fishing up here for a trip down Alton way this fall when you go back.John(Ole Bullhead)Hagen