People!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Dsage, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    OK want to get some feed back on this. I found a Toon for sale in the area. I have been looking to up grade for some time now. This would had been perfect. 20ft 60hp mercury no furiture on it just the Center C. with a built in bait tank. The rest totaly open. I toss the guy a price last night I tell him I have cash in hand, he calls me at 9am this morning and tell me he would take the offer but he wants to take his Fish Finder off and the battery. No big deal, I tell him I'll be up there after noon to pick it up. I asked him if it has been winterized he tell me no just incase someone wanted to take it out before putting down the money. I tell him OK, that would be great, I was going to ask about a test drive. He tells me he might not be around since he is a Wrecker driver. He gives me his dads number. I tell him I would call him when just about there. I call him at 2pm about a mile from his house and this is what he tells me. Oh well I sold it this morning, shocked I hang up, I then think ok maybe he did not know who I was I called him back and tell him I was the one coming up to pick it up tht we taked at 9am. He tells me Oh well you did not call me back so I sold it. I just sat down at the computer and I see I have an email I open it and what do I see an email from him at 11:19 stating he sold it. WTF!

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    two methods of thought here,one is -first come first served,and generally I don't have a problem with that,as long as I know that's how it is. the second thought was the guy sold it knowing you were on the way to purchase it because he's had people not show up before and had to get it sold.

Doesn't matter,Did you really want to buy something from someone like that? It was probably poorly maintained and had issues,in fact I think it was a nightmare ready to happen and you should be glad someone else saved you the headaches! It just wasn't meant to be,probably because there's something better around the corner!

Trying to cheer you up,bro!

3. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    I'd be having a problem with this guy. the way I understand it a verbal contract is binding in Kansas. But how to prove that? I feel your pain on this one. Good Luck you'll probably fine one you like better any ways.

4. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    Someone in So IN has an old Glassmaster (I think), that has no seats, carpet, motor, troller, zip, nada, nothing, except the hull & the trailer. $475.00, I don't think so. With my steak of luck, it probable has more issues than that. It's just all about the money. :sad2: :embarassed:

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Thanks for the words, I think it was just a fact that I had to waste the time and money driving to his house for no reason. I started thinking about how it probably had issues and all. I guess it I have been on the other side of the fence a lot selling things and I was rasied to back my word up. There has been a few times I was selling something and told the person I would hold it and then I got a call from someone else and could of made more money out of it. Did I sell it for for more nope, why I told the other person they could have it. Oh well back to looking!

I should have a few pictures up on the board at Cabelas, if they have not removed some.

6. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Strange how money can speak louder than integrety to some people...

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good luck, Something better will come along . Everything does happen for a reason even though it doesnt seem like it sometimes !

8. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    As much as I don't like it when stuff like that happens, I like to think that it happened for a reason, and that a greater power is looking over me.:wink:
    You'll find another one.

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    5 pounds of roofing nails sewed like grass seed in his yard should do it.

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    You must be in the nail business Mark- Seems to be your answer to solving all of life's little problems.

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I figure you got 3 choices in life.
    Sit down and shut up.
    Whine about it on the BOC.
    Or get even.:wink:

Yea, hand driven nails I buy 50 pounds at the time.
    Gun nails, the biggest box they come in.

12. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    The guy did you a favor. You don't even know you really wanted the thing if you never saw it in person. It's a good time to buy a boat right now but some sellers are a little too optimistic still.

13. playbaby

playbaby New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Give it a few months christmas is comming and boats are going to get cheaper and cheaper :wink: lots of people out of work and want to buy presents for the little ones most of the time thats more important than that boat the used once last year:roll_eyes:!!!!!!!!!

So just bide your time and you will get a good one:big_smile_2:!!!

14. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Theres some good deals on Craigslist on boats. I just don't have the money!! :crazy::smile2:

15. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I can relate to your deal. A few years ago I found a 1949 Harley flathead for 2500 dollars and I call the guy up and after talking to him I told him I would be there in the morning with the money and a trailer. After i withdrew the money I called him back and told him I had the money in hand. Later thet night I called back and told him I would be there bright and early the next morning. My son and i get within a couple of miles and I call to get better directions and he tells me he has already sold it. I go to his place and he tells me a woman came by and put down 100 dollares until her husband could come see it.He would not take my 25 hundred dollar bills.

16. playbaby

playbaby New Member

State:
    Kansas