People who give fishermen a bad name!

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by loppdawg69, Sep 18, 2007.

1. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    http://www.local10.com/news/14135264/detail.html

Down in florida two(formerly now) Bass Pro Shops employees video taped themselves purposfully snagging a manatee, and posted it on the internet. Link is to article and video.

it is people like this who give fishermen a bad name.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Those idiots need to be dumped in a pool full of pirahnas.:angry:

3. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I say hook them to a 12/0 treble hook and some 300 lbs test and let the manatee drag them around awhile. :wink:

4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD

Sounds more like shark fishing to me :smile2:

5. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    What a bunch of idiots I hope they get fined out of their minds.

Tom

6. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    What is there to even say about these 2 complete morons, yes I agree with the 12/0 treble some where in the groin region may work, just add about 6 feet of stainless steel leader, give them a pair of dull side cuts and 1 real sharp fillet knife, let the manatee head out!

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There are slobs in all walks of life, sad to say...:sad2:

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I bet these idiots didnt even have a fishing license to boot. :angry:

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Unreal, I'm speechless. I would like to take them punks fishing one time.

10. Big B

Big B New Member

State:
    North Texas
    They need to fine them the max and make them sit it out in jail.

11. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    That only goes to prove fish are smarter than most people!!:roll_eyes:

12. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I don't think they intended to harm the manatee," said David Joffe, Podesta's attorney.

excuse me but thats just bull s***

whats the purpose in doing that??

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    BPS is just gonna love that publicity..... :eek:oooh:

14. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All I can say is those poor creatures have a hard enough life getting there big butts out of the way of boats let alone having to face two jerks putting a snag hook in one...

Speachless to say the least...Damn

Not really certain putting these boys on a hook would work...they need to be educated to these creatures hard struggling life and made to share that experience with other people and why not to do crap like that...

I sometimes wish I was a CPOfficer then times like this would make it very diffucult to remain composed...

Just hope they are made to go through some type of a school educating them on the ethics of fishing or something...

15. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Myspace and Youtube you gotta love the people that want to see themselves on the internet so bad they will break the law and post the video..:angry:

Like no ones gonna see it???????

We had 2 guys that lived on one of the rivers up in the Cleveland area tape themselves hand netting steelhead then put the video up on youtube..

Idiots that need punsihed to the fullest extent!!:angry:

16. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 New Member

State:
    California
    Not only is it cruelty to animals, but think of all the people who say fishing is inhumane. Fishing isn't inhumane, THOSE people are inhumane.

I would venture to say that many if not most here utilize CPR, and the ones that do come home for dinner aren't breeders or key to the survival of any species. We have come very far in educating society, and promoting fishing as a sport/hobby/way of life, just to have two punks ruin it. People like this should have their licensed revoked if not indefinitely, at least many many years.

17. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Oh may, what people will on a cam.:angry:

18. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brothers and Sisters;
    There have been several comments from members as to what should be done to these two, ... "individuals"! Certainly they should spend some time in jail and have to pay a hefty fine in addition to having their "Hunting and Fishing" privileges suspended for several years!
    In addition, ALL OF THIS should be TELEVISED on ALL the Network Stations, in addition to being released on several Internet sites!
    It's bad enough that these poor inoffensive creatures have to face stupid humans with their fast boats and cutting props much less be used for entertainment by a supposedly "higher" species!
    It's not only the Manatee, if one would listen to the daily news, check out some of those "comedy" shows or those "funniest home video" type shows, or look around for yourself, ... well it's just my opinion that there are a lot of homo sapiens that do not qualify to be human. As one member said, people with do most anything to get on a camera! I don't understand it and I have been on TV, Radio, ect, and for me, it's something I fervently eschew whenever possible!
    If will be interesting to find out how this story really ends and how much money the lawyer makes, and how much he pleads their sentence down since he is so sure these young men "meant no harm!" That's nothing but a bunch of Whales*it at the bottom of the Marena Trench and there is nothing lower that I am aware of!
    Personally, I'm GLAD they lost their jobs. I don't blame Bass Pro Shops personally, but you can bet they will loose a lot of sales over this issue!
    Let us hope that there will be enough awareness generated from this horrific event so that we will not see such a crime against a harmless animal by humans again!!
    That is all I have to say!
    Sincerely and Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

19. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I have never heard of a manatee. I just looked it up on google. Holy crap! How could anyone snag one of those and think it was OK? Charge them with as many counts as they can and punish them to the full extent of the law and then some.

20. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    Ignorant kids.:angry:

Too bad for Bass Pro that one of them has a T-shirt of theirs and was visible through the video. I hope they get more than a slap on the hand.