people running other peoples lines

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jimmykemper, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ive been comming across alot of cut hooks on my trout lines. peoples bad about running peoples lines at mark twain.i even hide them the best i can. but sometimes i have to put jugs on the ends. what ever happened to respect amongst fishermen. whats the best way to deal with it....without breaking the law.....

2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    without braking the law ???? o man thats a tuff 1 :angry:

I cant say how i really feel about this and what ya could do .... sorry

but thats wrong wrong wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    Are your lines tagged with your name and 100% legal to every letter of the law?

I think people are more apt to mess with a line that is not 100% legal than one that is.

4. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i know what i want to do but i dont think i want to go to jail over a trout line. its hard to say what would happen if i caught them red handed

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    yes, i keep my fishing 100% legal

6. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    them tickets they pass out aint cheap , so i do everything to avoid getting one. and besides that i couldnt go without my fishin licence for a year.

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i just think some people are to lazy to put enuff effort into getting there own fish. i want to be able to say that i caught it with my own sweat rather then someone elses.besides that i wouldnt want some big ol guy like catfishscotty whoopin my butt.

8. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i just think some people are to lazy to put enuff effort into getting there own fish. i want to be able to say that i caught it with my own sweat rather then someone elses.besides that i wouldnt want some big ol guy like catfishscotty whoopin my butt.

9. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I think that this is something that you just have to expect to a certain extent when you trotline,limb line etc. It would be great if everyone would leave everyone else's stuff alone but unfortanately they don't. I would love to not have to lock my truck or make sure that I have nothing in the back that people can steal.

Short of putting out your line and staying with in site of it I don't know much you can do to keep people from messing with it.

10. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    naw im just a layed back teady bear :wink: but it would make me mad to say the least !!!!!

now adays about all ya can do is call the game warden

if ya take matters in your own hands just gonna cause ya hart ack and trouble and probably a bushel basket full of money :wink:

11. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    aint that the truth

12. BajaCoop

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    I guess you could people from taking the fish off your line if ya just put it some place it won't catch any:wink:

13. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    then they would probley take the whole dang line. ha ha:smile2:

14. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    I could make some funny mean jokes on what to do but im trying my best to be good !!!!!!

I think i need my pills I got strange thoughts in my head !!!!:smile2::smile2:

15. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya mark em with a jug on a lake like that ya gona get runn. Tie ya lines 1 ft under water and use a window weight to pull em down deep right beside the tree you tie off on. Then use a grapple hook to pull em up to check em or a big 10/0 snaggen treble and a 5 ounce weight on a snaggen rod to pull em up. It should cut the theiven back from the line robben scum. Also be out there @ the crack of dawn and if you catch some one messen with ya line just smile dont say a word and take pics of them and their boat numbers and have a conservation agent meet ya @ the bank. Nuthen ses dont mess with my lines like a court summons and a $100 fine.:wink:

16. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :wink: yep what welder said !!!!! good advise if i ever seen any !!!!!!!

17. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ya, thanks. i always keep a camera , so thats what i will do. dam, i can see the look on there face now. i like that.thanks for the idea

18. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What is the difference between a trotline, and a troutline??? I have always heard them called trotlines?

Is a troutline for catching trout?

19. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    hell, i dont know . i probely spelled it wrong

20. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

:smile2: 2 funny i had to go back and make sure i didnt spell it wrong also wheeeeew sometimes our fingers move faster then our brains lol

or in my case just flat out cant spell .....

lol 2 funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.