People running other peoples lines No.2

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Earl, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Catfish Earl

Catfish Earl New Member

State:
    Humansville MO
    Paul said we could continue this thread again since the other one was closed. Thanks Paul .:big_smile: We appreciate it. So here we go folks, the discussion continues.:big_smile:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Earl, if you were talking about me, I can count on one hand the number of tournaments I've fished in the last 5 years - I fish for relaxation, not money or competition. If I do fish a tournament it's to help out a buddy who needs a partner or because it happens to be close to the house and I feel like BSing at the ramp :smile2:

I'm no grouchier than any other day but yes, the fishing has been slooooooooow to say the least on the river lately. Good news for me is that I enjoy fishing, not just catching, so while it's slow it gives me a chance to fish some new spots and catch up on my sleep out in the boat:smile2:

As far as "whacking and stacking", since I'm catch and release I don't stack 'em, I back 'em as in "back into the water":wink:

3. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Ok guys you know the rules I want a good clean debate... LETS GET IT ON.:cool2:

4. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    As far as "whacking and stacking", since I'm catch and release I don't stack 'em, I back 'em as in "back into the water":wink:[/QUOTE]

I like it!! BKS72 for president! Its time for a change!!!:big_smile:

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    Earl that was a great looking like, you would think we made thim together, it is almost exactley the same as mine! A few other thing i like to do though is when I am done for the day If i am in a river i like to wind my hooks into the main line,(only do with circle hooks), it keeps your hooks from snagging things and if you know you cant run them for say 23hrs it keeps you from maybe catching a cat and having dye. I do this when i am done and bringing my line in also, so you dont have to cut leadlines and the next time you put it out all you have to do is unwind them. One you have your hooks wrapped all you have to do is roll them up on one of those extention cord retrevers. Next time you go to put it out it should only take about 10 min at the most. Are theses hooks like your river hooks earl.

Attached Files:

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: cool the more that release back into the water just means more for me to wack and stack like cord wood !!!!! lmao :wink:

just had fish tonight with blackberry pie yummy yummy

7. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nah, Scotty, I warn 'em to stay clear of the Osage when I turn 'em back - I let them know that tobacco juice and moonshine in the water means Danger, Will Robinson:smile2:

8. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    This is awesome we have the two fish wisper's, the crp man:cool2: in one corner and Mr. Scotty yank and Crank, wack and stack, Brown:angry: in the other, gentelmen tap your gloves!:big_smile:

9. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
  10. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    As far as running lines go, Brandon took me up the blue river Sat. morning and with the exception of 1 new line at the mouth, this place is in dire need of a sharp knife.:confused2: Perhaps there are some folks tieing their tackle under the water level, such as i prefer but 99.9% of this junk ain't been fished in ages. Very dangerous situation for a man in the dark.
    As far as "wack and stack" or "wack and back" thats each man's choice. The only flathead i wacked,,,well he got backed. I can say this Brandon fishes as hard as any man i ever got in a boat with, knows his body of water like his back yard and is a hellova nice guy to be around. I had a blast this weekend buddie, thank you very much. Oh yhea, did i mention your snoring soundes like a pair of boar coons fightin.:smile2:

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Any time man, best time on the water I've had in awhile, even with the fish being contrary! That's a new one, I've heard my snoring described as like sounding like a chainsaw, the ol' Evinrude on the muffs in the driveway, and a train, but never boar coons fighting:smile2: Should have warned you about that and told you to throw some hearing protection in the tackle box:smile2:

Fellas, I'm out of this one. As I said earlier, I don't condone somebody running another guy's lines and I dang sure don't - I'm too lazy to clean my own fish let alone to steal somebody elses to clean:smile2: My only complaint other than gear left is the booby trapping and a$$ whoopin' posts over a set line but that's off the subject of the thread.

12. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    so i guese the soap opera of young and the restless is over lol

now come on guys we all know none of this was seriuos just guys being guys lol

this is a brotherhood of catfishing that we all love to do !!!!!!!

now we can get back to sharring info and seeing cool pics of fish that we all catch and the funny stories that went with them !!!!

and help each other out in the sport we love !!!!

tightlines ,, screaming drags , and fellowship :big_smile::big_smile:

best wishes to all and catch a biggen guys and gals !!!!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  13. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

feel the love yall !!!!!!

heres a great tune to some it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WATza6uS6xU

:wink:

14. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Fellas, I'm out of this one. As I said earlier, I don't condone somebody running another guy's lines and I dang sure don't - I'm too lazy to clean my own fish let alone to steal somebody elses to clean:smile2: My only complaint other than gear left is the booby trapping and a$$ whoopin' posts over a set line but that's off the subject of the thread.[/QUOTE]
    :eek:oooh: dang I'm confused, this is the Mo. lakes & reservoirs link, and the liners are talking about lines in these bodies of water, if you don't fish these "corp of engineer spillway or stillwater" lakes as you called them, then why is the aggrevation being posted in this link.:embarassed: at these guys?
    Maybe you don't care for the trotline method and can't confront the real culprets of your anger because you don't know them or who they are.
    As I had posted before most of the liners I know are very honest and careing people who take care of their equipment just as much as you do yours. They get angry when their lines are stolen or cut, just as you would if your best rod and reel were stolen or broken by another.
    I'm sure we all joined this site to futher our enjoyment of fishing, but it seems as tho some of the threads are like two old women fighting over the clothsline about what detergent is the whitest:smile2:
    Instead of CPR vs Whack em Stack em or fishing with a rod and reel vs a trotline or jugling or limbline, why don't we vent about runoff into the very waters we fish weither its a river a lake or a pond all these waters are still being polluted and we are the ones that really suffer along with everybody that swims, boats or even drinks water from a well.

I've done my "venting" I just think there is more important things to complain or get worked up about.:wink:
    Any body agree??
    or is it JUST ME :sad2:

15. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :wink: good post i agree !!!!!

time to take the horse out back behind the barn and lay him to rest !!!!!

like momma said if ya dont have anything nice to say dont say anything :wink:

fishin is like a box of chocolates never know what your gonna get !!:smile2:

hi lutinent dan thats my boat :wink:

16. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Catfish Scotty
    if your fishing is as good as your "youtubeing":wink: you are a legend

you always seem to find the right stuff for the posts out there.
    keep up the good work on them videos.:big_smile:

17. catfishscotty

State:
    mo

thanks !!!

its called fishing withdrawl lmao :smile2: been working on moving and talkin with contractors on the house for a few weeks instead of fishin !!!!!

and its killin me :embarassed::sad2::sad2:

so been raising a little heck on here lol i just like to have fun and act silly life is to stressfull now adays to take things too serious like fishin :wink:

and tv shows borre me to death lol

if i dont get a pole wet soon im gonna well better not say it here lol

catfish1.com my home away from home i love this site

kinda like i love this bar hee hee hic up

catfish1.com has

we got winners we got losers we got yuppies we got truckers ,, cowboys ,, hustlers ,,, early birds and even ALL NIGHTERS :wink:

i LOVE THIS SITE ITS MY KINDA PLACE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85rPq1u9sc

:big_smile:

NO COVER CHARGE JUST COME AS YOU ARE !!!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  18. driftin blues

driftin blues New Member

State:
    mo
    I don't know what all the fuss is about, to each his own. As for trotlining beeing more work than pole fishing, what a joke, I ain't buying it. It takes the same effort to throw the net, keep the bait alive, set the bait trap etc., makes no difference what you are hooking the bait onto. If you spend 100 dollars on a trotline you got off cheap compared to the rods and reels I use. I don't clean big fish, I keep them on my digital camera, some do, thats there right, but it does not make it right. It is wrong in my opinion to kill big fish, most that do obviously don't care much about the resource, it takes years to grow that big fish and you a few seconds to cut him up, and in the process you have deprived the rest of us of 1, a sucessful breeding fish, and 2 the chance to catch that big fish, and 3 superior genetics, not all fish have the potential to get huge, some 100 lb blue cats are 40 plus years old, some are only 10 to 15 years old with superior genetics, read the studies its true. Missouri needs to step up and change the rules. Look into the James River in Virginia, where they have stepped up to the plate and changed the rules to favor selective harvest, the proof is in the pudding, it works they consistently catch huge blues, but they got the sense to put em back. The Red River Channel Cats of Manitoba is another CPR success story.
    Another fact is that the big fish are not as good to eat, oh don't get me wrong the chest pounding kill em all crowd will tell you otherwise but it aint true, I know, I have myself killed big fish, I don't anymore, and won't ever again. Other than bragging rights, male machismo, chest pounding, look at how great I am, ignorance, etc, there is only one good reason to kill a big fish, that would be foul hooking, if you gill hook a big fish and he is bleeding out and going to die regardless then I am all for cleaning him, that is the only reason. Any other reason you can come up with is pure BS and really just about being selfish.
    Now back to the topic of the thread, "running other peoples lines" well obviously people should not mess with other peoples lines but like Brandon has said get real, its a public waterway you honestly think no one is going to mess with your unattended lines?
    Just got home from another weekend at Truman had a blast and some good fishing as well, didn't kill any big fish and am proud of it. even gave some of my live shad away at the end of the day to some Juggers, shame on me. Yes I am a "weekender" which some around here deem a put down. I have a question for the anti "weekender" crowd. Other than retired folks, welfare scum, or people who have figured out some way to let the rest of us working people pay there way, workers comp claim,etc. Just who is it that gets to fish and is not a "weekender"? Fishing is not cheap no matter what methods you employ, no J O B no fishing, least thats how it works in my world.
    Scotty and Earl, You guys are great fishermen we all know and you may think I am calling you out and I am. Catching big fish don't prove a thing, putting them back where they belong says a lot it says "I care about the resource, I care about the place where I love to fish, and I care about the youngsters who are coming up and might like a chance to catch a big one" Hiding behing slogans like whack and stack, kill and grill, etc. and claiming that "it's all just said in good fun" doesn't cut it. It's not about telling people what to do, or trying to infringe on your rights. It's about doing the right thing. CPR'ing big fish is the right thing to do, plain and simple. Give me one reason other than bragging rights to the contrary.
    Let er rip boys I got thick skin and I can take it as well as I can dish it out.

19. wisker getter

wisker getter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: dittos from my last post

20. catfishscotty

State:
    mo
    :smile2::smile2: I see i have another fan to add to the club lol

nope made my point and won with the 1 its was all about :wink:

lol

the show is over !!! the rodeo has ended !!!

earl and me just gonna keep on fishin and havin fun :big_smile::smile2::big_smile: ...

wackem and stackem boys lol