Pennsylvania state trout record?

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by webster_catman, May 7, 2007.

1. webster_catman

webster_catman New Member

State:
    webster
    dose anybody know the state records for trout in PA? I caught a rainbow today thats 25 inches long, its a personal best for me, and i know its not a record but it got me to wondering what it is.

2. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    i have caught a couple over 25 inches but the state records are judged by weight, not length which is tough because not everyone carries their scale to the stream. you can check www.fish.state.pa.us and check the records page. it should be on there.

3. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    thanks alot, i forgot to mention that it was about 6 pounds. like i said i know its not a record but its definatley a personal best for me. thanks again.

4. Rockjumper

Rockjumper New Member

State:
    Parker,Pennsylvania
  5. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    yea any trout over 20 inchs is good in my books. i had a brown at 28 inchs and 9# but still 10# short of a record. and this year ive had my best season ever with a rainbow and a golden rainbow at 20, and 3 other rainbows at 19, 18, and 17 respectifully plus many more at about 15. you really dont have a shot unless your fishing i large lake that has many hold over trout such as erie.

6. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    to be honest i never really liked fishing lakes for trout. ill fish for catfish and the occasional bass in them but for trout id rather be up in the mountains fishing the streams. sounds like your catching some really nice fish though. i should have some pics of the fish tonight that i can put up.

7. webster_catman

State:
    webster
    well heres a pic of the fish. or not.... i cant figure out how to get the pic to work here.

8. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    haha i was unclear actualy all of those fish were on streams, but i was saying that the truely large trout come from the large lakes.

im actualy with you on the small moutain streams, i love fishing for small natives in the middle of the woods all by myself. maybe they are only between 4 and 14 inchs but watching a large 14 inch native brown rise to sip a small fly off the surface should get anyways heart going.