Pennsylvania State record may have fallen

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by FlatheadMan, Sep 7, 2006.

1. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Just spoke with some people who claim a man just broke the stae record with a 47lb flatty dont know how true but they claim it was in the local paper he caught it on a live gill on the allegheny did any one else hear any thing!!!!

2. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Just seen on channel 4 news it is confirmed that this fish was caught it is being valadated at this point think the said 47lbs something so looks like its a go

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

What news cahnnel did you see it on and did they show a pic? Might be able to see it on the website.

4. ZMan

ZMan New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Hi guys. I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm the guy that caught the potential Pa. state record. I gave an interview to the Post gazette and it should be in tomorrows paper. I decided to do some research after I caught the fish and found this excellence website. The stats on the fish are 47lbs, 43" length, 31-1/2" girth. I didn't even know it was a possible state record and was on the way to returning it to the river when a friend called and told me about the current record. I submitted the paperwork to Harrisburg yesterday. I guess now it's a waiting game with the state. I still can't believe the amount of publicity this is generating. I'll post some pictures once i figure out how.

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Congrats on the potential record! And welcome to the BOC.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Zman there are a lot of guys here that can help you post pics, I just ain't one of them. But I am sure someone will be more than happy to help and Congrats on the new possible record.

7. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Hope you get that record and cant wait to see the pic.

8. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    HEy Zman welcome to the BOC and congrats on your catch. I have been chasing that record for years way to go now I will have to work even harder to try to beat it lol. Gives us the whole story on that monster.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Vic, welcome to the BOC and congrats on your potential state record. Keep us informed on the updates.

10. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Zman where you here about the web site, Did you talk to Deborah Weisberg of the post gazette I have talked to her many of times she is a real nice lady.If you need help let me know I can help you would love to see pic of that monster shoot me a private message and I'll give you email.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    congrats on that record man, and welcome to the BOC

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC and Congrats on the nice fish!!!

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    congrats bro, I called it, I talked all spring about how the state record will fall this year!!!! Can't wait to see the pics. Was the fish released?????

14. FlatheadMan

FlatheadMan New Member

State:
    Freedom,Pa
    Great job zman I know myself and a lot of others here been chasing that record hard congrats bro

15. ZMan

ZMan New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I'll try to post a picture with this reply. Any help would be appreciated if it doesn't work.

Blacky: I gave the fish to Cabelas in Hamburg Pa. It is in their aquarium doing fine.

Catchinghogs: I need to have 10 posts before I can send you an PM.

Attached Files:

16. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Congratulations and welcome to the BoC!! I cant wait to go to cabela's to spend the rest of my gift certificate. Id like to see him.

17. catchinghogs

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Quality fish Zman great to see a picture of that fish.

18. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
    Zman, way to go and welcome to the BOC:0a25:

19. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    zman my dad showed me it in the paper today! congrats on the great catch! i dont know if you fish at moraine but if you ever want to go out let me know!

20. ZMan

ZMan New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania