Pennsylvania Ice Fishing!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Who will be going out on the ice this winter? I love ice fishing and will be out there for sure! Anyone elso heading out? I know Jigerjim will be out there! :cool2:

2. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    not me ,never went don't know anything about it ,trying to concentrate on learning one new thing ,flatheads and gettin my hands on the gear I need to do it.:wink:

3. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    prolly,

I've got some friends that are trying to get me interested. I will say though from the few times I've tried it-- its tons easier catchin' ice than fish:wink::smile2::smile2:

of course one legitamite question is well there be enough ice to do so safely. 5" is my magic number and its been tough finding it these last few years.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I will be ice fishing for the first time ever up in the Poconos this winter.

5. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I'll be out this winter if I can find the ice. Not too much around here.
    Got a shack and all the gear, will probably have to travel north a little ways. I love getting those jumbo perch the best.

6. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    JiggerJim was on the ice yesterday & had a pretty good day! That guy fishes more than anybody I know! I don't know how he gets all that time off!:wink:

7. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    I had some spare time agen today,so WTF it's only 1/2 mile from home. The wind was so strong I left the hut at home and just sat on a bucket. :sad2: I found out I dont fit on a bucket anymore (getting too fat) :sad2: HHHMMM maybe to much spare time. :smile2: BTW I only got 4 fish little at that. I'm pertty sure I'l try agen tomorrow. :wink:

8. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    thanks fer tha updates :wink:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jigerjim - How much ice do you have out your way? We just have a skim over here in Western Pa.!

10. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.

You're off again tomorrow????? How da heck do ya do it???
    On the bucket issue, 1> You can get a bigger bucket! or 2> Quit drinking the butter out of the bottom of the vegetable dish after you eat the veggies!:wink::smile2:
    I hope to get out around the end of the week.

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    JigerJim must notlike football!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will be out ice-fishing not in PA but Ohio, we don't have good ice yet where im at.. goodluck to you all...rollo

13. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I might have to get the tip ups out of the garage and do some ice fishing this year. I would like to get a Muskie through the ice. I have caught Pickeral and Walleye through the ice, but never a muskie. Anyone have any tips?

14. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Scott, I usually make it out over the holidays when I visit family in northern Indiana and Michigan. We usually fish for Pike.

15. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Me and my cousin were out on the ice once fishing over an old road bed when he caught one on a fathead minnow. That's all I know.

16. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Scott the pond I'm fishin has 4" black today. The one I'm still waiteing for is still wide open as of Sun. morning. I went out agen this morning for a few hour's. I wound up with 3 LMS up to 15" 2 Perch about 9" about 25 Bluegill's 8 -9" and guess what 3 Bullhead's. The Bullhead's were only 2' below the ice. It was a catch and release day. I'm off agen tomorrow but I dont think the weather's going to be any good.

Attached Files:

17. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Tan I was home for the kickoff. This pond is only 1/2 mile from home. GOOOOOOD game wasent it.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Things were icing over pretty good the past few days but its supposed to go up to 50* and rain Tuesday plus looks like temps in the 40's the next week. Ice season looked like it was getting close but may not be happening for awhile now! :sad2:

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Way to go Jigerjim! :cool2: Already tearing 'em up through the ice! :big_smile: That's a nice looking shelter you have there!

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I built myself a new ice shelter the past few days. I'm ready to go! I checked one of my local lakes on Dec. 22 and there was about 2" of ice but then it got real warm with lots of rain and now we are back to open water! :angry: Now I'm all for warm weather but once it gets cold I like it to stay cold so I can ice fish! Looks like I have to wait till after the New Year! :sad2: