PENN vs SHERK

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by bw69r, May 25, 2008.

1. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Penn beat Sherk last night. the match was never really in question at all. Penn really dominated the fight.

2. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Penn is so amazing. He doesn't even look like an athlete. And I'm pretty sure he's made of rubber bands.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh I know, by looking at the two of them you'd think Sherk would have the edge but Penn just picked him apart with his boxing. Sherk is probably wishing he took it to the ground instead of trying to box with him.

4. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Penn would have owned him on the ground as well. He's one of those guys with freakish skills. He has rededicated himself to the game, and his conditioning is second to none. His ground skills are levels above almost anyone in his weight class. Now the is back in his natural weight class , I think you will see him continue to dominate for quite a while. I did not see the fight, in fact I didn't remember it was last night and was just coming to the thread to make a prediction, so much for being able to watch the fight without knowing LOL. Guess I'll get out of here before I read about any of the othwer fights.

Richard

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Penn is a great fighter, I have watched hiim alot in the UFC last couple of years, I hope he keeps up the good work and is able to keep on winning, I would like to see B.J Penn and Matt Serra fight.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yup, he made it look easy.

7. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    do not understand why sherk did not take fight to the ground either? the stand up thing was not working at all. might not have been much better on the ground but i think he would have stood a better chance there. very poor game planning i think.

8. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm not sure you can game plan for B.J. He's just a freak. He's much more powerful and skilled than people still credit him for. And he can take a punch. I wouldn't mess with him.:big_smile:

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I didn't get to see the fight, but that's exactly how I figured it'd go. BJ Penn is just a freak. The guy can dominate in so many ways, and if he doesn't have a way to whip you, he can make one up. I've seen him throw strikes that I didnt' know a human could physically throw. His flexibility is just pretty freaky. BJ can beat anybody in his weight class if he puts his mind to it. I'd love to see him slap Matt Serra around, too. I don't think Serra would quit talking smack until BJ knocked his head off his shoulders.:smile2:

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Jab
    Jab
    Jab
    Jab
    Jab
    knee

Win:roll_eyes:

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Finally seen the fight, Penn is a monster.

12. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I don't think Sherk ever even tried to take
    Penn to the ground. But, If you take a close
    look a Penn's stance it dose'nt exactly invite
    a takedown attempt. I think Sherk could see that it was improbable that he could do it.
    And I think Penn therefore left him in the trick bag.

13. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    dont know if they are in the same weight class but i would love to see bj penn fight urija faber from WEC. i think that would be an all out brawl

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Bj fights at 155 while Urijah fights at 145. It's completely possible but I dont think that Zuffa would ever allow it since there is so much money to make within the the two organizations. Besides BJ keeps hinting at wanting another shot at St. Pierre!