Penn State Nittany Lions

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Anyone else out there a PSU fan? Thought I would start a thread to talk Nittany Lion football! :cool2: We have a big game Saturday night 8PM vs Illinois. We are Penn State!!! Stadium whiteout is happening!

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    WE ARE............

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Finally a place where Eastsiders and Westerners can finally agree on something.

I root for PSU as I do for all Big Ten schools with the exception of Michigan and Ohio State.

4. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Right now Penn St. is lookin' real good. After Penn St. whipped Oregon St. and now Oregon St. beats USC.......if they beat IL saturday they'll be movin' on up in the polls.

5. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If penn st. is really as good as they've looked, they could be a contender at the end. It was just a few years ago they were within 1 second of being undefeated, and possibly playing for the title. I like Joe Paterno he's a darn good coach, and he's been screwed out of couple national titles.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    So how bout Oregon St beating #1 USC Thursday night! :crazy: That would be the same Oregon State that Penn State pounded in week #2! :wink: Kinda adds some credibility to the Nittany Lions! :wink: Don't you think! :cool2:

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm fired up and ready for the big showdown this evening vs Illinois! :big_smile: Beaver stadium will be rocking, 110,000 strong in a whiteout! :cool2: We are Penn State!!! Go Nittany Lions!!! :cool2:

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The other time was when he went undefeated in the 90's and still couldn't make it to the National Championship game. This was before the BCS was made.

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Woohoo! Big 38-24 victory for the Nittany Lions last night over Illinois. :big_smile: I love those whiteouts! :wink: Road game next week at Purdue. We are Penn State!!! :cool2:

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Penn State jumped up to #6 in the rankings!!! :cool2: We are Penn State!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

The only bright spot in Pennsylvania football.

12. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I believe he had another undefeated team I think maybe in 70's that also went undefeated and wasn't awarded a title. I could be wrong.

13. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    PSU should lend the Steelers some backs after Monday night.

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Nittany Lions! Purdue goes down 20-6! :big_smile: Nice road win for PSU! The schedule gets real tough the next 3 weeks with a road game at Wisconsin, home game vs Michigan and road game vs Ohio State!

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I think Penn State can beat Michigan with ease but the other two will provide them with better competition.

GO PENN STATE !!!!

16. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If PEnn ST. can go undefeated, they will eventually move up to 1 or 2 and play for the national championship.

Teams in the SEC and Big 12 will beat each other up.

Just win out!

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It sure would be sweet to bring Joe Paterno another National Championship before he decides to retire! :cool2: The next 3 games will tell if the Nittany Lions are capable of getting it done! :wink: We Are Penn State!!! :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I used to live 30 minutes from the stadium and go to games all the time. I knew a scalper and when he had tickets he didn't sell he'd give em to me at half time. If you've never been there you should try it and get your picture taken with the Joe Pa statue out front.

19. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Excellent trout fishing all around there too.
    Fishing creek, spring creek, spruce creek

20. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    With Oklahoma going down and hopefully LSU, The Nittany Lions should be in the top 4.