Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yep they say refurbished when it's not new. And it'll be the model right before the newest version. I've never seen anything older then 1 model version on their site...the refurbished stuff is usually the current model...

I've ordered from them quite a few times since I found the site (about 5 years ago), never been disappointed...that's the only reason I shared the link...I wouldn't bother with the sites I've had issues with...I usually wait til they hit the get rid of it price on something...which is typically half or less of retail...they're also one of the few sites I've never had a broken rod sent me...
thank you for sharing! Don’t mind older version at all. I have Piscifun chaos and cat maxx reels now so I’m excited to try something different.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
yes we're happy, makes more excuses for us with the wives lol see dear it's a USCA limited edition, not to be available again. All the guys are buying them up, might only be a couple left
Okay, well that’s a little spooky, right there…

Thats almost exactly what I told my wife as we got into bed last night.

Ramon, what do You do, specifically, for Uncle Sam?

·
Premium Member
Southeast mo Mississippi river
1,018 Posts
Yep they say refurbished when it's not new. And it'll be the model right before the newest version. I've never seen anything older then 1 model version on their site...the refurbished stuff is usually the current model...

I've ordered from them quite a few times since I found the site (about 5 years ago), never been disappointed...that's the only reason I shared the link...I wouldn't bother with the sites I've had issues with...I usually wait til they hit the get rid of it price on something...which is typically half or less of retail...they're also one of the few sites I've never had a broken rod sent me...
Thanks for the heads up

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yessirrrrrr . I've been retired 6 years tomorrow to be exact. My wife is still serving for a few more years, so I'm traveling with her and the family.
What!?! I thought you were still active duty.…

Retired huh? Well you‘ll get no slack from me when it comes to fishing from now on! I want to see some pics of your own self dragging in at least one of those giant, ugly, ugly wels fish.
I just watched some videos of the Italian fellow who fishes the Po river for those ugly critters. Have to say they are spunky when they feel the hook.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
That's been my problem here. I guess in Germany they only care about Carp and Pike. I've been trying and trying to catch Wels in our local lakes with not even a nibble on cutbait (no live bait allowed) found out through some top notch research that about 10 years ago the Wels took over all the local lakes, and they drained them and relocated almost all of them. Most they donated to other lakes/rivers across the country and only kept a few. They're all in the secluded lakes that are in training areas. Range control always says they have ranges going on so I can never fish them. The lakes here are all frozen now and no ice fishing is allowed in Germany. I'd really hate to miss out on an opportunity to catch even a 20lb-50lb a second time.

Guess they have a really bad case of invasive bullheads in a couple lakes as well. They say everytime they drain the lakes the bullheads borrow in the mud and even they refill the lakes the bullheads are back in action. They say they can't find a Predator that will eat them and reduce the population. I tried to tell the class instructors to import 2 flatheads in each lake that is infested and watch them work they just looked at me confused. Showed them tons of pics of guys catching flatheads with bullheads but I guess there's so many regulations here it's probably not worth the time. But the bullheads had to get here somehow as they aren't native here.

I'm trying to get in good with locals but most only like perch, pike and carp. They mostly travel to other countries around Europe to catch Wels. So maybe next spring I'll get a trip to the Po or Ebro. If not, I guess I won't be mad because I'll be back chasing blues and flatheads next fall in my boat
What!?! I thought you were still active duty.…

Retired huh? Well you‘ll get no slack from me when it comes to fishing from now on! I want to see some pics of your own self dragging in at least one of those giant, ugly, ugly wels fish.
I just watched some videos of the Italian fellow who fishes the Po river for those ugly critters. Have to say they are spunky when they feel the hook.

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
you guys may as well gitcha sum as much money as I seen spent during the holidays on get togethers traveling food eating out....etc

might as well gitcha sum
I am jonesin bad for a couple non LW squall star drags maybe 12 or 15 size these phones make it tough heck all you gotta do is push a couple buttons to buy stuff

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
that is one EPIC family shot

they all look nice but what are the blue ones (drool...)
:eek:

·
Registered
Neill from NW Arkansas
1,696 Posts
When I quickly looked at the bottom pic, I thought you had a propane tank hooked up to the pole. Thought man what kind of setup is that. LOL.
That's a propane propulsion system. Useful in situations that super long casts are required! :)

I reckon they are clearing out stock to make room for the Squall 2s. I bought one earlier this year and I like it a lot. Good as any Abu I have casted but time will tell if it is a better buy.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts