Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Hi Steve, I looked this up just to see what they were offering. It is there for $89.00 but man do they make it difficult to get information on it. The did list it as the Penn Squall 15LW but that was in the tiniest print available. Then in another place and when added to a cart it showed the size as STANDARD. What ever that means.

Anyway it is there and although I did not shop around the $89 sounds like a good price. But I sure wish Academy would pull their head out and act like they knew what information needs to be provided with a reel.

Anyway, good post that some of our guys might get some benefit from.

tight lines

Registered
Steve from Mississippi
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I had to look hard also. I found it in the specs by label and line capacity that I knew was a 15. It should be easier!

Registered
Justin from Utah
I hear you all talk about how good these reels are and I want one then I come back to my reality that I don't need one for channel cats....and I get to save the money. Oh I'm sure it would serve many years but over kill I have a few 40 and 50 size that are great size but man it sounds like a great sale and thanks Steve for tempting me again haha

Premium Member
But you might get a free decoder ring with it. Something about Ovaltine. haha.

I was in the same boat Moose. I wanted to try the Fathoms. When I get stuck on something, I tend to over do it. That is why I have three of them now. I bought all used but like new and got the 12 size since it would handle most any catfish and I don't need a lot of line capability. I also want to try the non-level wind. They are good reels.

Luckily this was before the kids got their inheritance so it wasn't like it was MY money anyway. lol

Registered
Steve from Mississippi
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm having a hard time staying away from that deal too but the fact is I just dont need them.

Registered
Something about overkill and need. I like bird hunting and hunted a lot with an old Mossberg pump. Today I hunt with SxS, three AyA's and two CZ's. Hell of a lot more expensive than that old Mossberg but make me feel better. And at the end of the day I can only shoot one at a time! For fishing for cats I have several different brand of level winds with my ABU's being my favorite. But fact of the matter is they cost more than my other reels and the other reels do the same job. Ya want a Penn, shoot save up and get one. Won't make you a better fisherman but will make you feel better! Go for it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts