Penn Slammer Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Malichi1970, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Seen these at Bass Pro yesterday set up as a combo with Penn 220 GTO reels and was wondering if anyone has tried them before. The Rod is a 6'6" Heavy action rod rated for 20-50lbs. line

2. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    A buddy of mine has the Spinning Rod seemed like an ok rod to me. A bit stiff but not too bad.

3. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Penn slammers are excelent rods, tough as heck and well made.

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have 16 of the heavy model and love them.You think it might be stiff but when you are attached to a plus 60 fish headed for the trees at Santee it will seem thin as pencil lead.!!!!!!!!:smile2::big_smile:Now what I hate is PENN changed the color from the perfectly visible at night traditional white to a dark color so I search for the white spinning models where ever I go.You cant go wrong with this rod.:smile2:

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Sorry guys it wasn't a Slammer it was the Pursuit...............

6. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I got 2 of these yesterday from Bass Pro shop with Penn 220GTO reels on them. Spooled with 300 yrds. of 80lbs. Power Pro Merry Christmas to me...:big_smile:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Sweeeeeeettt! I bet you won't have this in the boat with you tomorrow, Will you??:smile2::smile2:

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I had them in the boat with me today got a few shad scales and some slime and blood on them. But, shad slime/blood don't count....I need some Catfish slime to break em in right.