Penn Reel Covers?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by JPritch, Jan 17, 2007.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Been trying to find some reel covers for my 320 GT2's. I only found Okuma's that they make for their own brand, and some generic reel covers - but I'm unsure of the fit on those.

What are you guys using? I'm currently using walmart plastic bags, but would like to upgrade in that department.:wink:

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    look in academy, or BPS they have several different sizes. I have never seen ur reel so i dont know how big those are.

3. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Check with your local auto upholstery shops, they have plenty of scrap material lying around. They can make them with a drawstring or an elastic band.

I just ask them to do it @ their leisure & pay'em cash:big_smile: :wink:

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ive got a friend or two that save me thier blue socks from the Crown Royal fifths

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    LOL, i did that but took my church pastor fishing once and he kinda frowned when he saw them.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Some reel manufactures tell you not to use plastic as it holds moisture which makes them corrode.For wrapping a reel on a rod.Wrap a cheap cotton hand towel around the rod and reel.Then take one bungee cord of the right length.Wrap It around the towel on both sides of the reel with the bungee cord and hook the bungee cord hooks across into each other.You will have to experiment with the wrapping and the cord size and length to you get it right.I saw a one handed surf fisherman who used and did this.He would use the towel for a rag while fishing.At home he would wash the reel with fresh water,wash the towel in the washing machine,and put them back together when both were dry.All of these reels were Penn.I know that one was a Long beach 68 as I bought one like it.The other two were a large and a smaller Penn spinning reels.Because of salt spray,he always washed every towel and reel that he took fishing,whether he used them or not.I love you brothers and sisters.peewee

7. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I dont really worry to mutch about that sence i throw them in my car, but when they went in the back of my truck i sliped & wraped a sock around my 6000 sizd reels and on my 309 i had a stocking cap that would wrap around snugly. the okuma reel covers you spoke of the medium size one fits the 300 size reel witch would be the size of your reel and in the magizne i got it says they fit other reels.

8. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i got a brown paper bag!

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Now that Shakespear bought Penn out, maybe they will come up with something for you!!!