Penn Peerless No.9

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Catfish Fever, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I have a Penn No. 9 that needs some work. When I cast it, it chatters, probably a bushing, the last time, and I mean the LAST time I took a Penn apart, I couldn't get it back together, had to farm it out to a reel guy. Any of you repairmen able to repair a Penn? Appreciate hearing from you.

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    they are not that difficult to mess with. i'd heck of alot rather work on a penn than an ambassadeur. what you might try doin is only remove one side at a time.

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    That's what I did the first time I tried. On the handle side there's a really weird set up, a spring has to be inserted under a gear, BUT, the gear goes on first, the guy that repaired it did it, but it was repaired through a local bait store, so I have no idea how it's done.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    That's what I did the first time I tried to repair one. On the handle side there's a really weird set up, a spring has to be inserted under a gear, BUT, the gear goes on first, the guy that repaired it did it, but it was repaired through a local bait store, so I have no idea how it's done.