Penn Peer No.109

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 27, 2005.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey, I just got a Penn Peer No. 109 and I've owned one before and noticed that the handle spins backwards as you cast. This is not any big problem or anything. But is their any way I can set it where the handle will not spin backwards as I cast?

Thank's, Zakk :)

2. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    Sorry to say but there are no switches or settings on the 109 to disengage the handle from turning while casting. Abu

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ok thank's for letting me know. Zakk :)

One more question, does the penn 1/0 sentaor handle also turn backwards when you cast?

thank's :)

4. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    the handle shouldn't turn when casting. it sounds like a good cleaning is in the near future. to much grease in the gears will allow this. you can remove the screws on the right side plate to get to the gears. wash it with a cleaner like wd-40 and a brush. if you have air, blow it out. apply a small amout of grease to the gears and a light oil to all other points.

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I talked to a Penn reel repairman a few days ago about it. And he said that on the Penn Peer 109 the handle is supposed to turn backwards but there is another style of 109 I beleive called a penn 9m....or something like that. It's the same thing as the Penn Peer 109 but the handle does not turn backwards on it when you cast.

Zakk :)

6. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    I have heard the 109's referred to as knucklebusters a few times. Abu

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah they can be Abu.....Had it happen to me.

8. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Ok, wrong model