Penn Peer 209 ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by wolfman, Mar 16, 2007.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Could anyone tell me what its worth? looks to be at least 25 or 30 years old. Seen it at a pawn shop today for $45

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bought one of the red Penn Peer 209's off Ebay, never been fished much, no scratches or chrome missing. Paid $17 for it, with shipping, $25. Bought an almost new Penn 209...the new model at a pawn shop, paid $30 + tax for it. A new Penn 209 sells for around $59, though you can get them for less online and on Ebay. $45 is, at a minimum, $20 too much for a 209 the age of a Peerless. Offer $20-25 for it, only if in very good condition, and if they refuse, walk.

3. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Bought one of the red Penn Peer 209's off Ebay, never been fished much, no scratches or chrome missing. Paid $17 for it, with shipping, $25. Bought an almost new Penn 209...the new model at a pawn shop, paid $30 + tax for it. A new Penn 209 sells for around $59, though you can get them for less online and on Ebay. $45 is, at a minimum, $20 too much for a 209 the age of a Peerless. For me to pay more than $20 for a 209 that age, it would have to be one never used, especially in salt water. $20 is probably the max the reel is worth if its been used, but is in very good condition.

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    I don't think I would pay that much. If you are going to use it, you could by a new 209 for about 45.00.