Penn - Liveliner

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by misterwhiskers, Oct 31, 2005.

1. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    This has got to be one of the coolest things i've seen.
    Was talkin with a buddy of mine and he was showing me a new reel of his.It was a PENN,spincaster,but,this reel had two drag systems!
    Top and bottom drags.The bottom drag is set to keep the bait from running off and the top you can set drag for your catch.
    You can actually set the bottom drag to keep baitfish from pulling line when livelining them or would work just as well with cut bait in fast current.With the bottom drag set,he could easily pull out line as if it were in freespool or set it however he wanted .

Believe he purchased his through Cabelas,was wondering if anyone else has this reel and how they like it.Impressed me enough to start saving up to get one myself.

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    you have a model number??

3. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Penn has two different type of liveliner, one is the LiveLiner and the Captiva Live Liner. The first is over $100 and not as nice as the other one, to me that is. The Captiva is around $60 and its just as smooth. I have a CLL 5000 which is the Captiva model.

4. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Nope,no model number.
    I think he has the captiva only because i remember him saying he paid about 70 bux for it.I'm glad to hear that on is just as good or better then the more expensive one.