Penn level-wind bait caster fishing reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by flaboy, Apr 12, 2009.

1. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    I am retireing my old (2 yrs) okuma 454 baitcasters, I almost caught a fish on one of them one time!:crazy:
    I have aquired a coupla penn #9 baitcasters, :roll_eyes:
    Does anyone still use Penns?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I still use Penn reels. They are among the best reels available in my opinion. I have a Penn#9 spooled with 25 lb mono and it does a great job. I also have a Penn 309 spooled with 40 lb mono and it is a work horse! I have several other Penns including a 6000 spinning reel, which I used to catch my P.B. Flathead last spring of 67.2 lbs. You cant go wrong with a Penn reel.:wink:

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    penn reels are good reels i have a 109 and a 209 bait casters thay are tuff and parts are easy to come bye thats a big plus to me also thay are simple to work on

4. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    I'm using 3 penn 9's and a penn 10. Love them all.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got a couple of Peen reels that I bought back in 1965 that I still use. The last reel I bought was a Penn 320GSi; it's my favorite reel. IMO, you can't beat Penn for ruggedness and value. Plus, Penn carries parts for their old reels, whereas many other companies don't carry them more than 5 years after they quit making a model.

6. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hear to tell yea catfishing Penn is all I use I own over ten different models luv every one of them.

7. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I use a 1964 model Penn #9. As long as my thumb does its job, that little reel will cast as good as any of my ABU's.

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have a total of nine Penn reels that I use.. Never had one even come close to failing me:wink: