Penn Fishing Reel 60 Long Beach

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by DELLIS, Sep 11, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Does Anybody Have This Reel And If So How Do You Like The Penn Fishing Reel 60 Long Beach

2. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    I have a Penn but not that particular model, but if it is a penn it is a good reel.

3. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Penn means quality , if you like the reel you are set .

4. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    Dan, I have a long beach 60 and I like it just fine.It has a loud,strong clicker and a solid drag. It will also cast a mile when you get the hang of it. I have had no problems.
    P.S. It doesn't seem to like line heavier than 30#,unless it's braid.But that may just be my reel.JMO

5. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I believe that they quit making it about 5 years ago.Was popular around saltwater for bottom,wreck,reef and pier fishing.Gear ratio made it like a winch.Like all Penn's,some could cast them a country mile while others cried in their bird nest and backlashes.Nothing fancy,but I never saw or heard of anything in it's class out work it.I have never seen it used in freshwater.I would think it would be a excellent reel for large Catfish on the bottom.It would be a great simple straight up and down fishing reel for a amateur as they use to rent this reel to tourist on some party boats in the Gulf.I would love to own one,and I would be proud of it.I cain;t say more of any reel.peewee-williams

6. mwmuck

mwmuck New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've got a 60 and like it just fine. There are better casting reels made but its a good mid-sized reel with a gutsy drag of the size of the 209's and Jigmasters. I've drug five foot sharks and 40" bull reds up on the beach with mine and it never broke a sweat. Like most Penn's, built like a tank.

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I have a penn 60 that I've owned for guite a few years now and I've never had any trouble with it and it casts just great, maybe because it was made without a level wind on it and I also think it works better with braid line rather then heavy mono.