Penn CV8000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by EKYHunter, Aug 11, 2008.

1. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    I am thinking of buying a Penn CV8000 and was wondering if it is a good reel ? I own other Penn's and love them but they are baitcasters. Can anyone give some advise on this Spinning Reel? Oh BTW I will be putting it on a 8ft. catfish uglystik . Thank You...:cool2:

2. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Haven't fished these reels, but they sure look nice, especially for the price... about half what a Spinfisher will cost you... Let us know what you think if you get it...

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I use the CV6000's for channel cat, And you will love them. It is the smoothest spinner I have ever used, durable as well. SUFFIX SEIGE orange mono line looks and works exellent with these reels

4. Skipjack

Skipjack New Member

State:
    LaGrange, Ky.
    I've got one of those Captiva CV8000, and I like it a lot. I used it to snag with this year on an 11' rod, and it held up great! I now use it on a 8' rod, for catfishing. I have caught several big fish on it. It is a very smooth reel. I have mine strung with 30 lb. mono and it casts a long way.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    If its a Penn its a good reel even thou I am a Abu guy.

6. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Well I placed the order from Dicks Sporting Goods , and saved $10.:big_smile: . Cant wait to get it . The only bad thing is it will be about 2 -3 weeks before I get to use it. I have read all good reviews about the reel and look forward to using it. If anyone has had bad luck with this reel please let me know. Thanks for all the Comments , I look forward to reading them everyday.

Penn Captiva Spinning Reel CV8000 http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1794642

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats I hope you catch your PB with it.

8. EKYHunter

EKYHunter New Member

State:
    Prestonsburg, Kentucky
    Well I got my new Penn Spinning Reel in the other day . I took it fishing , didnt catch anything but I love the reel . It is smooth and can cast a country mile. Trying to get used to a large combo, 8ft. med. hev. ugly stik and a larger reel. Casting it is , well akward... but I will get used to it , just takes catching 1 catfish to used to it. That will be another post...
    BTW Dicks Sporting Goods has Lightning Fast Shipping. 1 day delivery on standard UPS. It took 1 day to ship and 1 day to be delivered. WoW that has never happened before. Got it just in time to go fishing that night , cant get no better than that. Now I know where to buy the 2 Light action spinning combos that I broke that night :angry:, 1 with a LARGE fish and the other when setting the hook I hit my Ugly stik and the little rod Snapped. Ugly stik didnt feel a thing...:006: