Penn captiva live liner Spinning or Okuma Epixor Baitfeeder Spinning Reels?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by HUSKER77, Jan 28, 2006.

1. HUSKER77

HUSKER77 New Member

State:
    IRVING, TX
    AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH, I'M PRETTY MUCH DOWN TO THESE TWO REELS (Penn captiva live liner Spinning or Okuma Epixor Baitfeeder Spinning Reels). CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME LAST THOUGHTS ON THE PURCHASE I SHOULD MAKE. I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL OF YA'LLS INPUT ABOUT THESE REELS.
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have the Penn reel and its a good reel but the Okuma seems to be a little stronger reel and holds more line.

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    You might wish to check out "Okuma Fishing" on the website.I have Okuma Coronado CD-90,s.They have oversize stainless steel mainshaft.Gears are stainless,instead of brass.It,s line capacty is a lot larger than Epixor or Captiva at 590 yds.for 20 lb.,440 yds.for 25 lb.,and 330 yds.for 30 lb.,mono.line.These reels are sealed up with gaskets to keep out the trash.I like to carry x-tra spools with different lines.In the past,I have found the Okuma spools (complete with drag)way cheaper than the (bare,with out drag)Penn spools.I do not own a Epixor or Captiva,so I can not compare.I have never had a complaint about any Penn that I ever owned.I have to say the same about the Okuma.Due to illness,I can not use a reel as I once did.This could make a difference.Luck,peewee-williams

4. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have three Okuma Epixor baitrunners and my dad just got a Coronado. All very nice reels. Like peewee said, one big difference with the Coronado is it has all stainless guts. But, the Epixor has more bearings but to be honest, there is very little difference smoothness-wise. The Coronado are the cheapest between itself, the Epixor EB and the Penn. Might want to try the Coronado...

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have a CD-50 and a CD-65 both are very good reels. I really think they are better than the Penn.