Penn Captiva 6000 vs. other spinning reels

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by yotetrapper, Mar 2, 2007.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see that the Captiva is quite a bit cheaper than the Affinitys or Accords. I was just wondering if anyone had Captivas and if they are good reels. Also, how does the Captiva compare to the Okuma Coronado. Thanks

Angela

2. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I really do not know how they compare to the Okuma's. But I have got a Penn Captiva 6000 Live Liner that it is awesome. GREAT REEL. Throws a mile to. I really do not use spinning reels that much but I really like this one.

3. yotetrapper

yotetrapper New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I see now that Penn makes 2 models of live liners.... the Captiva, and the Slammer. The Slammer is double the cost of the Captiva. I think I've made my pick. I think I'm gonna go with the Captiva 6000 Live Liner (yes, I know its kinda a bigger reel than I wanted originally) to see how I like it. The size, the casting, the live liner feature... and if I like it, then I'll graduate to the better model. Thanks for all your help guys!

Angela

4. Bravesnflat25

Bravesnflat25 New Member

State:
    Anderson
    I do not to much about the slammer. But the Captiva will slap around some 20 to 30lb Blues. I got mine on a 8ft Shakespeare Ugly Cat Rod with 25lb Solar Green Big Game. You Will Not Go Wrong With This Combo. Like I said all I use is Abu's. But This reel always goes.

5. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC

I have both reels and for channel cats & blue cats less than 40 lbs the Penn is great. For bigger fish I like the Okuma better.