Penn 9 ugly cat combo

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by cathouse, Jun 18, 2007.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I think i might have found my favorite combo , not to say the best all around just one i personally enjoy immensely this rod and reel together is a joy to use it's light weight , strong enough for most fishing i do , it just feels right .

2. CatMaster23

CatMaster23 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    It makes sense that this combo would be nice i have the penn 9 works fine. What the largest fish you have pulled in with it?

3. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    I have not caught monsters per say but i have battled large carp sheeps head and live baited pike and the rod and reel worked flawlessly . I pulled in a relatively large pike and the slop he was buried in and neither the rod or reel skipped a beat from about 25 to 30 yards out i set the hook through the boney jaw of that fish with ease and brought him to shore with the pump and wind method and the HT100 drag worked great and the rod just asked for more , thats right the penn 9 has the same drag as the the 209 in a palm size offering with less capacity if you can get by with this small inconvenience you'll love the 9 , after all it it's used with a almost religous following here on the great lakes for salmon trollling and unlike cats salmon will make a 100 yd. run so fast it's scary .