penn 330gti reel

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cliff n york, Nov 23, 2007.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i have two of them, they hold a lot of heavey line (30 lbs) if you have one how do you like them

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a American made 345 GTI spooled with 600 yards of 30 lb.Bass Pro mono. so that it can also be used for King Mackerel to Drum and such in saltwater out from Savannah,Ga.It is mounted on a Daiwa 7' Beef Stick EB701MHRI rod rated 15-50 lbs.I like it but have caught nothing so far as to be of any real help in checking it out or rating it.

It is a great rig for Pelican fishing.The rig will handle one just fine.Once you get it reeled in and it goes to hand to beak to nose,wing combat,it is a whole different ball game.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hey Cliff
    I dont have a 330. I do have several Penn reels though. I have a 309 level wind, a number 9 level wind, a 200 and a 149 , and a 650 salt water spincast. In my honest opinion they are the best reels on the market today.

4. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Cliff, I have two of the 330gti's and I love them , I have them spooled with 300 yds of 65lbs Power Pro

5. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Cliff I don't have a 330 anymore, I sold it, it was to big and bulky for me but I do have both the 310 and 320 gti which I like very well.

6. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have a 330 that I use in heavy current and heavy cover I love the reel only problem is the clicker is on the light side many times I fish with it off.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The 330 are good reels, but you will find them heavy and bulky to handle. Good luck on your choice.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I just bought a 330-I put it on a cabelas salt striker rod-its more a trolling rod ...Made a few cast with it and I got some distance for a non castin rod no back lash at all, Its strung with 150yd of 65lb powerbrade.....Tis a little bulkey but I think I am now a Penn fan.I bought a used 209 and it is good to...retrieve is slow but Its a good reel fer sure

9. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have this same setup and you cant go wrong with PENN reels no matter what type of reel you get.....anyone who says any differnt is just one of those abu garcia girls, so don't pay attention to em. LOL!!!!

GOOD FISHIN

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I had a 320, I did not like it at all..I need to make cast up to and over 100 yds and I could not do it with the penn.

If you want a wench the penn is the choice.

If you want a fishing reel, it's abu garcia all the way , for me anyway.