Penn 320LD

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Mickey, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a new Penn 320ld ( Super level Wind/Level Drag) I would like to get some input on this reel. Compare it to the Penn 320GTI and Garcia 7000C3.Thanks

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    not quite sure what your wanting to know ??????

3. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Performance, dependability, easy of use in comparison to the other reel mentioned. Lever drag vs. Star Drag. Any help is appreciated.

4. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Well I dont own a 320 gti or gt2 but they all have the same basic parts except for the cast break, ld doesent have one, and the lever to ajust the drag. so their over all performance and dependability should be pretty much identical. As far as casting the ld Ive found that less is more it has "free spool", nothing to slow down the spool but your thumb so the few times ive tried to really launch it, birdsnest, and without a cast break they arent fun to pull out I use the clicker when I get a mess its easier to pull on than the drag. Regular casts with the ld are smoooth, probally smoother than a 7000. The lever drag is were its at though its the whole reason for getting a ld reel after the cast slide the lever just past the ball turn on the clicker and forget about it. no having to mess with the cast controll to keep the current from pulling out the clicker just set it and forget it. Get a fish just slide the lever up. Ease of use, once you get used to the stuff ive mentioned the lever drag is eaiser, one lever vs two knobs and a switch or button to cast. hope thats what you are asking if not im shure someone else will chime in.

5. Mickey

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Brandon for your info. I've used all the others I mentioned but not the 320LD. The wife saw a check mark beside this one in the Catfish Connection catalog and she ordered it for me as a christmas gift. It looks and feels good, and I can't wait to try it out. I think I'll start making more check marks in the catalog. Thanks

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Michael, I've tried to leave hints for my wife, I want another 6500C3, but she doesn't take them too well. Funny, I do look at the check marks she makes in the jewelry catalog and she often winds up with something from there.