Penn 320LD

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Blakemo, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Blakemo

Blakemo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Would this reel be good for making long distance cast using lots of weight at spillways or dams? I know the penn 209 dosent cast well but was wondering about this reel. If not ill just get an abu 7000:roll_eyes:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well not so mutch, it is a verry smooth sweet reel but being a lever drag reel it doesnt have any cast control so the freespool is FREE casting it is all thumb control i guess you can get good distance but your thumb has to be on its game. this reel is better suted for fishing livebaits in good current when you want to use a clicker but the currents too strong for a regular reel. a penn 320gt2 would be a better choice in the penn line for what your wanting out of it. i have a 9000i big game thats about the same size that does awesume for that. the 7000 dont hold alot of heavy line but may work for you. another great reel that handels big weight + long casts is the pflueger contender G30 http://cgi.ebay.com/Pfluger-Contend...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50 they are getting a little harder to find so i bought 2 more this spring, their that good. good luck with your pick.