Penn 320 GTI????

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by F150Catfish, Jan 26, 2007.

1. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I was looking into website Penn 320 gti, it look nice baitcaster but anyone have use that before?? Is it great??? Thanks.

2. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I HAVE ONE, I LIKE IT PRETTY GOOD, A LITTLE BIG, ABOUT THE EQUIVALENT TO THE ABU 7000 C3. I LIKE THE DRAG SYSTEM BETTER THAN THE ABU BUT THE 7000 CASTS ALOT SMOOTHER AND I FISH FROM THE BANK SO I LIKE THE ABUS.

3. F150Catfish

F150Catfish New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    yea same here I like abu garica, that's smooth casting.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    That is a great reel. Put is on like a 7.5-8 ft rod and you are set.

Wheelmobile07

5. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's a smaller version of the 330GTI but with faster gear. I have two of the 330GTI. I just got done spooling both with a 30lb Stren mono. So far my impression of the reel is, it looks good, spins smoothly and the clicker is loud. The spool tensioner doesn't give you much adjustments unlike the small ABU c3/c4/C5 that I have. I haven't tried casting it yet. But I'm pretty sure It'll cast fine just like the 230GTO that I returned for the GTI.

Good luck!

6. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    You may want to take a look at the Shimano TR 200. Great real, it'll hold 300 yds of mono and casts like an SOB. Some of the guys fishing below Lake Livingston Dam here in Texas have gone to them because of the smooth casting, good drag, and they can get more distance on them than with the Penn or Abu's. They only weigh a couple of ounces more than a 6500. Best of all, they'll set you back only about $80.

7. rambilt

rambilt New Member

State:
    Texas

You might want to look around in Ebay for a better deal of what you have decided on or wait until Cabelas or BPS have a big sale. Godd luck!