Penn 220 GTO

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by rspd507, Dec 29, 2007.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    I just ordered a Penn 220 GTO to go on my new Shakespeare Sturdy Stik rod from catfish connection. I have some read some good things here about these reels, knowing that Penn makes a good reel. I already have a 230 GTO and I absolutely love it. The only thing I didnt care for much was the size. My biggest blue so far on it is 23 pounds and it handled it with ease. I hope I made a good choice. What do you all think? These are well within my budget and with the Penn reputation, I think they will last a long time. rspd507

2. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I have 2 of the 220 gto's and won't fish with anything else.. I love the way they handle fish.. They are the perfect size for the river or a lake and can handle 2 lb channels up to anything you will hook.. And the best part is they are repairable so they will last forever..

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    my fishing partner has two of them and really likes them

4. CatAngler

CatAngler New Member

State:
    Omaha NE
    I've never used one but I was at BP$ the other day and played with one and they seem well built.

J

5. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have several of the Penn 220's and have had a couple of problems with the level-wind on them. I like the reels, but have since started prefering the 209's, because I can cast ALOT further with them!

6. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I have had the GTO reels the are great but I prefer the GTI 330

GO PENN!!!!

7. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Nice looking reel for the money. I don't really know that much about them, but like you I have read some good reviews on it. I hope you keep us updated.

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i have 4 of the 220s they have worked very well for me, no problems, i think you will really like them

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I have a 220 GTI and I'm wondering if it's better,worse, or the same in comparison with the 220 GTO ?

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    The gti isn't stainless is it..