Penn 210

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by cathouse, Nov 9, 2006.

1. cathouse

cathouse New Member

State:
    NY
    Hello all and thanks in advance for any help. I already own this reel but don,t know much about it i was wondering if this reel is as tough as most penn reels.I can not seem to find much info on them is this the same basic reel as the 209 reel just faster gear ratio.

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Chris, I don't own a 210 myself, but have a couple of 209s. I can tell you one thing you can't go wrong with the Penn. I do know that a standard 209 is 3.1:1 gear ratio and the 210 runs at 4:1. That is the only complaint I have ever had with my 209s is the slow retrieve. If you want to get rid of it let me know. Vern

3. dex

dex Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    <P>I own a 210 and had a 209 it was stolen from me. The difference in the two is the gear ratio 4:1 with the 210 3:1 with the 209, the handle is bigger on the 210, and the drag washers are also bigger in the 210 than they are on the 209.</P>

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have a Penn #66. Old school reel. Keep it oiled and I've never had a problem.

5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    I've got Penn 209's, 210's & 309's, they are all great reals....They WILL take use & abuse !!!!!

6. fishinnstudyin

fishinnstudyin New Member

State:
    MO
    ahh.. i feel happier reading this review. i recently bought a Penn 210 on ebay.. i just hear wonders about it. not used to baitcasters so i better go to a nearby lake and practice casting.

7. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The 210 will cast a little better than the 209 because it has bearings instead of bushings but they need to be taken care of,cleaned and oiled.It will be easier to cast for someone not used to a bait caster because it has magnetis brake to slow down the spool and prevent backlash
    Jake