Penn 209 questions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfish kenny, Mar 20, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Does anyone have the specs of a penn peer 209? (MAYBE A DIAGRAM)Id like to know how many berrings?can you add more?Gear ratio...........
    I got a old one given to me ,put a handle on it and cleaned-ioled and tightened it all up-it dont have a anti lock but it seems all in order so it will be getting added to the arsenal...........:big_smile_2:

2. deadweight_sinkersho

deadweight_sinkersho New Member

State:
    Iowa
    hey theres a place here in des moines that might be able to provide ya with those specs, its called glenns rod and reel repair, i dont take my 309s there due to the fact that they are a bit pricey, but they might be able to point ya in the right direction, hope that helps

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I just did a search last year to find info on an old reel I have and found a site with schematics for all kinds if reels. There was also one for a reel collectors club that had tons of info.

4. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    try scottsbt.com

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you fellas-I got frustrated looking and asked -thats what is great about this site-appreciate it!

6. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Kenny a 209 Penn don't having any berrings just bushings.Don't worry about all that just fish with it and you'll like it the frist time you hook up a big cat.I've got one I bought in 1972 and I had rather fish with it than any reel I have.

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BK-do you have the anti lock?This one does not-is something broke-or fish it learn it? I like it-but it was a junk give-me....................