Penn 113H

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Dirtdobber, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I have a Penn 113H Special 4/0 Senator. Can any one tell me about this reel?

2. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    It's a winch of a reel. Holds around 575 yds of 30lb test. Pretty popular in saltwater for reef fishing and such. You can also use it for trolling for most species except for the BIG fish. Not really intended for casting, but it can be done. You'll have to practice a LOT to get used to it. It'll last forever with minimal maintenance, like most of the older model Penn reels will. You haven't said if yours is an older one or a new one, but doesn't really matter. It'll still be around when we are gone. :wink:

3. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    AGREED!!! If ya dont like it Ill take it off your hands!!!:smile2:

4. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    It is the older model. I got it out of a box of fishing tackle I bought at a sale last year. I just put it back. I was in the shop and saw it on the shelf. I will never use it. Just something to have.

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    The Special Senators differed from basic Senators two ways: ball bearings instead of bushings on the spool, and high speed retrieve.

The older reels had spools that were chrome plated brass...very heavy, acted like a flwheel...they were, practically speaking, uncastable.

Newer models have an aluminum spool, and I understand some guys manage to chunk 'em a little bit.

I'd clean that sucker up, and put it up for auction.