Pendleton

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by 4Low, Jul 24, 2008.

1. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    We went last weekend below the hydro and fished for about 4 hours in the morning. The shad were easy enough to catch on the Tichnor side and we caught 10 cats, the biggest was 15 lbs which happened to be my nephew's 2nd cat of his life! He's ruined now!! Anyway, the river was still on the fall at 139 so we were a little early. It's been holding steady at 136 for a while now so this weekend will be perfect. Too bad I'll be at Heber at a get together. It's odd that this was my first official catfishing trip this year in JULY! Seems like we either have way too much water or way too little.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, congrats and good luck in the future

3. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Tim i havent made it to pendleton yet this year but i do fish #4 here at pine bluff and the cats are getting hot good luck to you

4. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Just got back from Pendleton. The flow was at 40,000 and the tailwater was at 132, which usually means good fishing. The shad were easy enough to catch (3 casts)
    The bite was surprisingly slow. We caught 8 fish from 5-8pm with the biggest at a mere 5pounds. I thought it would get better after dark so we left to eat. Went back from 10pm-1am and only caught 3 more, but they got a little bigger with one going a whopping 8 pounds. Not exactly what I was hoping for...I sure thought it was going to be a lot better.
    I was also hoping this years flood would have washed out the sandbar thats been building up below the spillway...not so. In the middle of the channel, directly below the spillway it is 3.5 feet deep, so beware!!!!!!!

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    tim , i guess the flow was coming outa the generator side , right ????? have u seen the alligator that stays up next to the generator wall ,on that little sandbar?????

6. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    Coach-
    Yes, all the water was coming out of the generator. I guess the skips are still there although there wasn't anyone fishing for them. I caught a bunch of small ones (about 3 inches) in the castnet with shad.
    I saw a gator on the Tichnor side boat ramp a couple weeks back. He was about 5 ft long I guess...probably the same one.
    In Post Lake just above the dam, we saw 7 last weekend during the bass bonanza tournament. The flow should pick back up after the big rain we had Sun morning. A lot of the roads were flooded on the way home; now there's more coming.

7. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    tim thanks for the report , hope to see you down on the 23rd

8. 4Low

4Low New Member

State:
    Lonoke, AR
    You bet Robert, we're gonna have a good time and hopefully some success out on the river!