Pencil weights - where can I get them?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catmaster, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I have seen a couple of 3 way rigs with these kinds of waits but I do not know where to find them. All that i know them as is pencil weights. They are about 5-6" long and are realy thin. My local bait shops do not carry them. I've herd they are awsome for drifting because they rarely get snaged. Where can I get them?

2. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Try Bass Pro or Academy. I think some Walmarts carry a few.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have never seen them for sale in a store. I do know you can buy a "do it mold" for these pencil weights. Go to a serarch engine as "yahoo" or "google" and type in do it molds. It will bring up a web page...on the left side should be a button for "sinker molds". Select this button and browse all the molds they have available. It will answer a lot of your sinker questions.. lol I use these weights for my jug lines.

4. NCCatter

NCCatter Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can never find them in stores around here where I'm from either. But when I go to Santee, about every bait shop has them. When I am in there I usually stock up. For some reason, I just don't see them often--don't know why.

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Last year I bought 2 Palmer Pencil Molds, a Pyramid Mold, A Snagless Mold, some lead , etc..... at a garage sell, (enough stuff to fill a 5 gallon buckett) for $7.00.

Sure wish I could find that again.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Cabela's has some neat weights on clearance for $4.99 right now - Go to www.cabelas.com and search for "Rig Saver Weight Kit" - I bought one locally last week before they went on sale; ordered 2 more boxes of them at the clearance price. They're not exactly pencil weights but should do the same thing The other nice thing is that if they *do* get snagged, the wire holding them to your line will straighten out and they'll drop off.

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    I got my mold for pencil weights from a well known supplier of molds.(do-it) I make my own generally around 100 at a time. Jeff Williams has a neat way of using egg sinkers to make a walking weight tha the might share with you if you PM him. See ya on the water!

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I sure wish those Rig Saver Sinkers came in sizes say up to 3+ oz. Those are pretty slick.

9. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Mellon you traded one of the pencil sinker molds to Me last winter. It's in My garage right now. I doubt you've looked there.....LOL

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ha, thats where it went. Did I by chance trade you a small bell type mold too? If so that explains a lot!

I have a few pencil sinkers left (I think), if you would like a few let me know.