Pena Blanca lake is HAWT!

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by aburk, May 27, 2008.

1. aburk

aburk New Member

State:
    Tucson, AZ
    This lake is on F****'n fire right now for all species! Ive been there the past few days hand have bagged alot of fish! Right now is the time to enjoy this lake before it gets destroyed, it will be drained and dredged this fall to remove mecurey but this lake looks so damn good right now! The largemouth population is through the roof and the channel catfish are HUGE! Its just a shame they have to destroy somthing so awsome.

2. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Too bad they cant just make it a mandatory catch and release lake. Imagine the possibilities....

3. aburk

aburk New Member

State:
    Tucson, AZ
    I dont believe in catch and release:0a23: Ive been eating the fish out of this lake for 3 years, in order to get mercury poisning from these fish you have to eat 10lbs a day for 10 years and nobody needs to be eating that much fish, i dont think its possible.Im going to eat some Pena blanca fried bluegill right now and enjoy the mercury, it tasts so damn good!

4. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Aaron, what size of channels did you catch and what were you using for bait? I have been there before fishing for trout or bass but not for catfish.

5. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That is funny,

* It is kind of like lead... I have been biting lead splitshot since I had teeth and now everyone is scared of lead paint..

* Enjoy that Mercury buddy, and don't let anybody stop you!:smile2: