Pelican Boats ?????

Discussion in 'Boating' started by oh no, Jul 30, 2009.

1. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have been thinking of buying or building a small boat to pull with my Mazda5,,,something I can pull to TN/KY and save on gas...

I have a 19 foot Roughneck that I take down there with my truck,,,but then I'm only getting 9/10 MPG.....Mazda5 gets 30MPG on the road.

Has anyone had any experience with these Pelican boats????
    I found a couple year old one with a trailer for 750,,,, I can't build a boat and trailer for that and have it as light as this set up is... It weighs practically nothing,,,

http://www.sportsauthority.com/prod...=2131681&cp=2102343.3701597&parentPage=family

Does anyone have any opinions on these boats???

http://www.pelicansport.com/index.php?language=en&category=fishingboat&nauticalboat=predatordlx

Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The one I'm looking at has 4 pole holders and some beer can holders for the seats....I think it is a good price.

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I looked at that style too but decided on the Toon style just because it floats higher in the water and less drag for the trolling motor and seemed to me it had more room. Plus it was less $$$$.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    If you got the dough the twin troller is the one I'd go with.
    Found my dad one for a 1000 bucks on Craigslist. Boat was a year old.
    Those things are the ticket.

Twintrollerboats.com

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jim i had one of thoes boats when i live in NC. i loved it thay are good boats wish i had kept it for hear there is places in the back water on the river that it would come in handy i say go for it

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mark, I looked them up,,, too much money for me,,,, the 2 year old Pelican I looked at, has a 2 year old trailer too, with it,,,,lol,,,powder coated, like new... it is a lot longer than the Pelican , so the upright with the strap winch is moved way back making this have 6-7 foot of tongue, lol

I don't know what a new boat trailer cost,, but I'll bet a person would have to give at least 500 for one,,, plus that boat cost about 1200 new,,,,,,shoot it's worth 750 used,,, I would think.

I have to go into town today, told the fella to find both titles,,, I'll get a couple pictures and post. Darn little boat even has a live well for bait or bass,,,lol,,,lol,,,some of the cats I catch would not fit,,,lol,,,but it would be great for bait.

I want something that is light and will pull behind my little Mazda5, I also want it to work for limb lines and jugs,,, this fits the bill, plus it has 4 built in rod holders,,, one on each corner.

I have a 9.9 Mariner that I could use on this or sell it and get a good 5-7 hp motor,,,this is rated for a 7 hp motor..My 9,9 is not tiller control ed,,, it's a kicker motor,,, I could hook it up with stick steering and I would have a good little limb line or jug running boat for KY Lake.

I think if this guy has the titles,,, I'm going to my savings....lol

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
  8. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jim i gave that much just for the boat when i got mine thats a good deal for boat and trailor