Pejas' Pacers!!

Discussion in 'LilRyjoe's NBA Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Feb 16, 2006.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Since the addition of Peja Stojakovic, the Pacers have won five of their last six games! The Pacers have taken over the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference and have a record of 26-23. Peja has been lighting it up all over the court! He's a heck of a three point shooter and shoots 92% from the free-throw line!:eek: The only loss the Pacers have had in the last six games came from the San Antonio Spurs and it was only by four points. He is averaging just over 19 points a game for the Pacers in his six games that he has played and is shooting 40% from behind the arc. It will be interesting to see how the Pacers do the rest of the season and how they do in the playoffs. Peja was the best thing that could of happened for the Pacers after the retirement of Reggie Miller. The difference between Miller and Peja is that Peja can take the ball to the rack and create and one opportunities and Peja can play Defense unlike Reggie. They are similiar in that they are both excellent three point shooters and they both shoot over 90% from the free-throw line. Once the Pacers get Jermaine O'Neal back into the lineup, the Pacers could be a force to be reckoned with.;)

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Looks like its working out for the pacers. When Oneal comes back they should be among the top in the east next to Detroit and Miami.

3. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Detroit will still be the definate front runner in the East, but I think the Pacers will be able to give them a game, and I think the Pacers will be able to beat Miami, they did it earlier in the season without Artest and O'Neal was still hurt and only played a quarter.

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Peja has always been a good perimeter shooter. ALso a totally unselffish player, hence why he doesn't ever get huge headlines. He just goes out every game and dos his thing.

5. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yah, what's goin on Brian? Good to see you back! Peja has been doing wonders for the Pacers so far. He's a great team player and has a heck of a shot on him. I can't wait till Spring in a couple of weeks, I want to go fishin!

6. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    I forgot all about Peja coming to the Pacers. Been too busy. But whats better for Indiana is that Brian is a Hoosier now. just like Peja. lets just see if brian is as good as Peja.:thumbsup:

7. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Good to all the support and I can't wait to fish with you guys. Sorry I have be so scarce on the board just getting everything unpacked and settled in after the move.

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    I'm looking forward to fishing too! I have been busy as heck and all I want to do is catch a big flatty.:) I got your message Brian, sorry I haven't called, I've been in Toronto dealing with some business. I know I'm for sure going to make the gathering. See you guys there!

9. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I'm one of the most diehard Pacers fans you'll ever meet and these last couple of years have been a pain to watch, this year more then last year. I think we have a bright future though. I see Donnie and Larry swinging a deal involving Jackson and Tinsley. I think Tinsley is one of the best playmakers in the league, but if he can't stay healthy, we need to find somebody that can. And well, it would be nice to get rid of Jackson just because I think he's in the same boat as Artest. Thank God I have fishing smooth things out lol.

10. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    "Peja can play Defense unlike Reggie."

Wow I can't beileve you said that. Did you mean reggie could play d unlike peja.
    Reggie wasn't the best but he he had to go up against the best two gaurds in the league every night. And he did that all the way up into his 30's. Peja is a average defender. A coach can't say ; peja go out there an slow down this guy.
    But reggie in his prime was a all around player defensively and definetly offensively.

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Reggie was a horrible defender. Trust me I grew up watching him play every game! Peja can play defense and forces the opposing offenses to make bad passes and comes up with steals. Reggie couldn't play defense worth a lick, but he was the best clutch three point shooter of all time.

12. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Well Jim, I've been in hiding! LOL!!! I have been working on some lining up some jobs. Good to see you guys are still keeping the NBA talk up and running. My Pacers are going to win it all!LOL!!!!!! You know thw analysts are saying that the Kings have a damn good chance to beat the Spurs in the first round:eek: Artest has turned that team around! We'll see though! I'll talk to you soon Jim!

13. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thank goodness the Pacers pulled through. You know, Artest sure talked up his dedication to his music career, but I just listened to his album and it's not very impressive. If you want, you can visit ronartest.com to hear it. It's too bad he steps up to the plate after he leaves the Pacers. :sad:

14. sassyfish

sassyfish New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Forget the website I said. The link doesn't work anymore. You have to go to truwarier.com.:)