Peidmont lake?

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by smoothkip25, Oct 11, 2008.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Headed there tomorrow. Never fished there this time of year. anyone have any tips for me on where to fish for flats? And what baits they seem to prefer during the cool down? Help would be appreciated!

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I would try deep water with bluegills or chubs (live of course). Don't know if the lake has gone through transition yet. If your bait dies quickly in deep water, it has not, then move shallower.

3. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    kip, just remember to be patient when fishing for flats they dont eat as often as other fish, i think because they eat bigger stuff lol, good luck and hope you catch a big one

4. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im headed down there with a little bit of everything! Theres not much access to the lake without a boat. So im in for a good walk. There is one point that i have fished before where there is good cover next to the bank then it drops to bout 8 or 10 feet. I might try that early then move to somewhere else if we have no luck early!

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Got skunked at piedmont. We had two bites all night! We threw everything at them. No luck at all!

6. Mid TN

Mid TN New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Kip,

I'm originally from Ohio and just moved to Tenn. 2 years ago. On those small Ohio lakes, do a lot of hiking to find some "virgin" water. We used to hike into a spot on Clendening and caught 45 lb. flatties!

My nephew and I caught a 23, 24 and 26 pound flatties Saturday night 10-18-08 and I lost the biggest fish in just two hours! What a night!

7. USE TO BE

USE TO BE New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't feel bad, I think there is alot of that going on at Piedmont this year. i fished in 3 tournaments and never had a bite each time. Of all of those tournaments, I think 8lbs for 2 fish took first place everytime. 30 people in the tounaments and only 5-7 actually weigh in because the other 25 didn't catch anything. I have heard alot of rumblings among catfishermen that there is something going on with Piedmont as far as catfish are concerned.