Peglegreb strikes 'em down!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The infamous peglegreb has done it again, representing the peedeecatmasters in proper form. The Cheraw 2nd annual Bi-Lo catfish tournament blasted off at 5:30 am this morning at Cheraw landing on the Great Pee Dee. There were a dozen or more boats, and only about THREE fish were caught ALL day!! Peg caught a 16.5 pound flattie as soon as the tourney started, and that won big fish, and first place in the tourney. My team did not get ONE SINGLE BITE all day, as was the case for several other teams. The river was a little high, but quite fishable, and I am blaming the spawn for the bite being off. Either way, it sure beat eight hours at the salt mine! It's plumb inconceivable to get skunked, but it happens from time to time. I did win a smoke detector as a door prize! :roll_eyes: Congrats to Peg for his efforts.

Bill in SC

2. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I stopped by on my lunch break & alot of people were already pulling out-this time of year needs to be a night tourny.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats to peglegreb. Flattie spawn is on here. Nothing but the babies taking bait... I'll need 'bout a month or so supply of prozac to get me through this period

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Congrats to pegleg. Nice win.
    Save the smoke detector for that boat enclosure the next time the river bite is on fire.:cool2:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great job Peglegreb. I just stopped by dewitts bluff and the river looked real good for the tournament this weekend and I am really looking foward to it.

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, the river level is quite comfortable right now. I just hope it stays stabilized for a few days before the tourney. With all these heavy afternoon rain storms, it's hard to predict what it will do between now and then. I'll be there, one way or the other.

BB in SC

7. racinrodes88

racinrodes88 New Member

State:
    Marion, SC
    back from florida caught a sting ray and my uncle caught some puffer fish weather the river is high low ill be there as long as the river is not in my boat were doing good and be able to skin it back see yall saturday