Peewee Williams, a great man

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

My heart is very :sad2: today upon learning of the death of Mr.Alfred Price-Williams. Many of you know what a special person he was. I am one of the fortunate ones who had the chance to "talk" to him.

At the time I began participating on the BOC, someone close to me was dying of stomach cancer. Mr.Williams gave me very good advice and held my virtual hand, though he was going through trying times himself. He had a great love for life, people, animals and nature, and an even greater faith in God.

Peewee would occasionally mention his ill health on the board, but it was actually much worse than he ever let on. A few years ago, we all got together and decided to send snail mail cards. This is the response I received from Peewee. I saved it because I knew one day I would want to share it with the rest of you. I don't think he would mind, and I think it shows what a strong and compassionate person he was.

"Hey! Thanks for the card! I love you sweetheart. You are good people and it helps me a lot to hear from you and others like you. I am still having trouble but doing a lot better than I was. My mind just has a constant struggle to control and get things out through this body of mine as it does whatever it wants whenever it wants. It seems to be mostly caused by regular old medicines I am reacting to. I still have all my ailments, but I am able to control my body, speech, emotions and all a lot better without my meds. They tell me I need my meds to survive. Vicious circle. It is just frustrating and embarassing to be retarded and know it is happening, but you have no to little control over it.

I do have it made. My doctors tell me that I am doing so much better than all the rest with my conditions. Cancers like the one they cut so much of my stomach out to get have regularly come up all over my body, make a little sore and then dry up. I regularly have heart attacks and survive with no treatment as there is none for my condition. Talk about miracles, I got them. God and life are truly great. I have so many blessings. You are one of them. I am through crying.

How are you and yours? I hope everyone is well and happy. I watch daylight break and the sunrise often. When I do, I think of all of you. It is almost like you are there with me. It makes me feel good. Yes, you are one of my many blessings. I have never met you and yet I often miss you when I think of you. Thank you so much. Take care. I love you sister."

Peewee

I loved you too, Mr.Williams....we all did. Gone, but never forgotten. RIP.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  2. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    GOD BLESS YOU PEE WEE!

I wish we could have went fishing!

Brian

Pee Wee, was a multi service veteran, Thank you!

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx for sharing your letter with us.I never got to meet him, but it didnt make a difference.I still felt like I knew him.I will not forget him. And we Love you too. Thankx
    smokey

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Thanks Tanya., this is truly sad.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when did this happen? i know he hasent posted in a long time!!

6. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    very sad to hear this:sad2: we love you peewee

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tanya thanks for sharing the letter and the sad news of PeeWee. I never knew him except from his input from the board. He was always gracious in helping others, even though he was suffering himself. RIP PeeWee. He will be missed but not forgotten.I hope someone, from his area will name a yearly gathering or advent in his honor.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dang it. i just was thinking about him last week. i hadent been on in a while and i knew he was on a short road. i had spoken to him via message a few months back before i had to loose the web due to funds being tight. he was a good old boy and i learned alot from his words.

it was always nice to read his posts and most of us know sometimes you had to grab a soda before getting into them. they could be rather lenghty at times.

goodbye old friend. you will be missed dearly. thank you for the time you gave to us here. i for one enjoied your insight and chats. rest in peace. for today your pain is gone.:sad2:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  9. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    Thanks for posting Tanya, many of us here felt the same way for Pee Wee. He was a great guy. I hope he knew we all loved him.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thank you so much for posting Alfred's response. This makes me wipe a tear or two from my eyes. He was such an important contributor to the BOC...whether or not you always agreed with him, you had to smile at his way with words.

He was a determined and opinionated man, but I always appreciated his input because usually he was right; I learned a lot from what he had to say.

He will be missed. Prayers are sent up on behalf of his family.

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cant add any more,I respected him for all that he had done and all that he was.He was a great man to me. He will be greatly missed.

12. catdaddy007

catdaddy007 Member

State:
    SE Arkansas
    Thanks for sharring. That is sad. RIP Pee Wee :sad2:

13. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    I alway's enjoyed reading what he had to say and the way he said it, Pee Wee will be greatly missed by many people ..God rest your soul Pee Wee.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    He was a great man and will be missed by many on the B.O.C. :sad2: I also sent Alfred a card by snail mail, never actually met or talked on the phone with him but felt like I got to know him through pm's and by reading his posts on this forum as well as 1 other site.

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I was lucky I met him and yes he was a h uva man R I P Peewee

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i loved Alfred's posts on here. they were long but well thought out and whether you agreed with him or not they were informative and got his point across. he did it in a way that did not belittle anyone else. he also let you see what kind of a human being he truly was through them. rest in peace brother. you will be sorely missed.

17. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Well , you have done it again!! I have no idea who Mr. Williams is , but after reading your post , I feel I've known him all my life. May he rest in peace. Have you ever pondered being a mentor? From what I've read of your posts , you seem to be a very caring and peaceful person and could save multitudes of troubled youth - better yet - not just youth , but anybody in an emotional bind. Maybe write a book along the lines of Chicken Soup For The Soul. Either way , I'm sure you'd recieve a nomination for the Nobel. If only others in this troubled society , including myself because I am a bit untrustful and just paranoid at times - could discipline ourselves to see things like you , it would be akin to We Are The World coming to fruition. Thank you dearly for all of your kindness and understanding - maybe it will become contagious!!:big_smile:!!

18. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    We will all miss Pee Wee & his suffering is over now, RIP

19. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    :cry::cry::cry::0a4::0a4::0a4:I was hopeing that was not the case when i was asking what happened to him.... ^@# HUGE LOSS to the boc:sad2:

20. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Thanks for sharing the touching story. I think everyone who has been with this site for a long time remembers and will miss Pee Wee Williams. I am saddened to hear of the loss.